Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to toys r us tonight to get a power wheels for the kids. To me they seemed kind of overpriced for cheap quality. What else is out there that is comparable in size and speed ? Id prefer electric because the kids are young but im not totally against gas. Thanks

·
Registered
19,310 Posts
THey last thou My oldest son got a motorcycle (powerwheels) lasted thru him and his younger brother, youngest son got the Hummer we live on a hill so driveway is slops down he use to drive down it and do a 180 with it and do burnouts rode it for three years before he destroyed the two motors and wore out the tires. moved up to an electric dirt bike and a electric quad they rode the shit out of them til moved them up to gas Dirt bikes and quads Youngest son took to riding a gas power dirt bike like he was born on it same with quad they bot know how to move there bodies on them to get the bike s or quad to do what they want. they are a good start.

·
Previously Banned
10,224 Posts
We picked up a PW Jeep Rubicon a couple of years back and it has done fine. My biggest beef was slow charging times (24 hours) and low ride time (15-20 mins). I fixed that by installing a motorcycle/ATV battery and a traditional 3A float charger. Now they can ride for over an hour and the battery is still good, and the float maintains it easily. The stock PW batteries are like 7 amp hour, I run a 20, and their chargers are like 500 m/amp vs. a 1-3 amp float. So near 3 times the capacity and up to 6x the charging. I noticed that ride times diminished quickly as the OEM PW battery aged. Its a POS.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Just give them the cardboard box that the toy came in.

Kids use their imagination and build playhouses or fortresses etc

·
Registered
229 Posts
Although they look cheap they can take a beating. Parts are also readily available on ebay. Just bought a plastic gear for $12.00 and that only went bad because of the beating my buddy's grandson put on it.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
The hard plastic wheels make so much noise on the street surface.. I'd like to take a hammer to 'em:smt081.......just sayin'

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I agree, buy a used one a lot cheaper. Bought a used Jeep for my son and converted it to 12 volt . He went through 3 sets of tires because it would spin them! Also put 1157 led bulbs in the front and he drove it at night!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
They look cheap but they last, my grandson beats the shit out of his and they keep on going.Tip buy an electric wheel chair battery and make it fit they will ride for hours and recharge with a standard 2/6 amp charger overnight.

·
Registered
229 Posts
The hard plastic wheels make so much noise on the street surface.. I'd like to take a hammer to 'em:smt081.......just sayin'
I wonder if spraying something like contact cement or undercoat on the wheels and letting it dry would do anything. It'll probably just make a mess and is total hack but what in the hell could it hurt?

·
Got Woodgrain?
7,803 Posts
I picked up an old Bigfoot PW at a yard sale today. No batteries, but the price was right. FREE.

Im gonna check out that modified power wheels forum for some ideas now. heh heh heh

1 - 13 of 13 Posts