Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some properties and I decided to sell one of them via "land contract". He was good for 6 months, now he isn't and I want him gone. Back in March we both signed an ammended version of the contract which states the following " Any late or delinquent payments will serve as your evition notice as of the date of your missed payment, at that point you have 15 days to vacate the property in the "As delivered" condition in which you received the keys".

I've never had to kick anyone to the curb before, does anyone have a source for the legal eviction documents? My attorney said he doesn't want to take my money in drafting something up for me but he'd gladly take my money when he trashes the house when he leaves (nice guy huh??!).

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
If he doesnt want to leave,prepare for a LONG wait.

·
Registered
16,599 Posts
Thank your lucky stars your not in Canada................its next to impossible to kick someone out of YOUR property!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
I have some properties and I decided to sell one of them via "land contract". He was good for 6 months, now he isn't and I want him gone. Back in March we both signed an ammended version of the contract which states the following " Any late or delinquent payments will serve as your evition notice as of the date of your missed payment, at that point you have 15 days to vacate the property in the "As delivered" condition in which you received the keys".

I've never had to kick anyone to the curb before, does anyone have a source for the legal eviction documents? My attorney said he doesn't want to take my money in drafting something up for me but he'd gladly take my money when he trashes the house when he leaves (nice guy huh??!).
go to the sheriff's office with the contract in hand.
Enforce it. (they will)

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
I've evicted tennants on numerous occassions. Your local courthouse should have all the right paperwork and the clerk there should be able to walk you through the procedure (where I am, the court has a section specifically for landlord/tennant issues). Definately not necessary to hire an attorney.

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Friggin lease/buy restrictions are killing me, he makes payments but they are often delinquent and he is not taking care of the property (my old neighbors got to be loving it for sure) imagine living on a nice street with $200k to $300k houses then smack in the middle of you street there is a hayfield with 2 abandonded work vans by the road and somewhere there is a house on the 3 acres!!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
With the way the housing market is rite now . Just be glade you have someone who pays late or not at least you have someone in there and not empety. I have two rentals with no one in them....Some money late or not is better then no money.....But on the other had if they are not taking care of the place you might be better of to cut your ties...

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
With the way the housing market is rite now . Just be glade you have someone who pays late or not at least you have someone in there and not empety. I have two rentals with no one in them....Some money late or not is better then no money.....But on the other had if they are not taking care of the place you might be better of to cut your ties...
X2...

·
Registered
648 Posts
i usually just sent the doors out for "refinishing" when I wanted some one out, hard to live someplace that has no doors LOL
...I love it /take the doors off---I handle things myself... not the courts--everybody jumps up and down about renters rights... once I know they are going to steal from me.. its on...I turn off utilities...I have even wrapped chain around power pole boxes so the crooks couldnt get to them.... I finally just let um'know Im coming over with all three sons & your leaving one way or other..... fuck renters rights.... most them scumbags..got warrants out and dont want nothing to do with courts...

·
Registered
708 Posts
Friggin lease/buy restrictions are killing me, he makes payments but they are often delinquent and he is not taking care of the property (my old neighbors got to be loving it for sure) imagine living on a nice street with $200k to $300k houses then smack in the middle of you street there is a hayfield with 2 abandonded work vans by the road and somewhere there is a house on the 3 acres!!
are those items in your sale agreement?
If not, oh well..
So although late, the man is paying? He's not a "tennant" right? He bought it, You hold the mortgage ?
get late fees, bite your lip, I'd say....

·
Registered
5,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The contract is 8 pages of Lawyer jargon and wording, however there is enough wiggle room according to the law to make my life rough.

Basically put, even though he signed a legal binding document, he has rights which violate the contract that can be fought and won by another attorney.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts