Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys. I bought a Stinger about 6 months ago and love the car. Its pretty fast but not compared to the new Shelby Mustang or the top Camaro. I have heard that the Stinger can get an increase in horse power by putting certain pipes on and also get bigger air intakes. But I dont know the first thing about what to buy. Such as brand names and such. Also I heard there is a way to tune the car. How does one go about doing that? Sorry I sound naive about all of this but alas I am very new at this as you can tell. Any expert help on what brand to buy for pipes and air intake or any other way to make the car faster would be great.

Thanks,

Brad Carter

·
Registered
414 Posts
Cold air intakes can help. A turbo-back exhaust can help greatly. A turbo-back exhaust (with cat) really woke up my Subaru. But it would help even more if you could get the thing tuned as well. If it's anything like my Subarus, you can gain quite bit of power with the basic upgrades and a tune.

As far as brand names go, find one of the many import hot rod parts dealers and have a browse. A lot of the times you can find reviews on parts as well. A quick search on google lead to this link here:

All the parts there look to be quality pieces. I saw exhausts by Stillen and Jun. Stillen makes good shit and Jun is a legendary Japanese performance aftermarket parts mfg.

You should also see if there are Stinger forums around on the net. You come to the 'bullet to learn how to run 145+mph in the 1/8th mile. :) For Kia Stinger recipes, a dedicated forum would be your best bet. You can see what's popular and why. It will help you make a somewhat informed decision. Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Speed_Metal. I will check out the Kia web site for sure. I dont think I will get my Stinger to do 145+ in the 1/8 mile but who knows :sneaky:

Thanks again for your help!

Brad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts