Regulator
35,148 Posts
Where's the Fearmont?

·
Off the stands for 2018!
19,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where's the Fearmont?
Everybody has seen the fairmont by now.;)

Just picture it running a tad quicker and faster than before during time trials, then picture it sitting in the water box during 1st round of elms with the line lock stuck on and unable to move. lol

Just loaded a pant load of pics, gotta send 'em to photo bucket next.

·
Off the stands for 2018!
19,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i asked you this in your other topic before i saw this one.What happened in the water box?
See below Dom.....:supz:

BTW, tried it a bunch of times during the long drive back to my pit spot.....worked great every time? The fairmont has gotten new brakes, calipers, and line lock this year, and has worked great.......until today.:confused:

Oh yea, two new master cylinders too....

Everybody has seen the fairmont by now.;)

Just picture it running a tad quicker and faster than before during time trials, then picture it sitting in the water box during 1st round of elms with the line lock stuck on and unable to move. lol

Just loaded a pant load of pics, gotta send 'em to photo bucket next.

·
Registered
16,805 Posts
^^^ok, thats a bummer. the guy you were going to race that round just called me to say he won.

edit, he is a bottom bulber.... he only has a trans brake and 2 step, as you know he had to run that class do to the brake

·
Off the stands for 2018!
19,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^^ok, thats a bummer. the guy you were going to race that round just called me to say he won.
Good for him! I was in my 5th year running at the track when Dave started racing.....back in 1980.:cool:

Funny deal, when we were called up, I followed two cars into the lanes. They started around the bend and suddenly bailed to the side and stopped?

There was Dave sitting in the front of the left lane and these guys didn't want any part of that!

I just smiled, rolled up beside him, got out and shook his hand. Dave is good people....:cool:

·
Registered
16,805 Posts
Good for him! I was in my 5th year running at the track when Dave started racing.....back in 1980.:cool:

Funny deal, when we were called up, I followed two cars into the lanes. They started around the bend and suddenly bailed to the side and stopped?

There was Dave sitting in the front of the left lane and these guys didn't want any part of that!

I just smiled, rolled up beside him, got out and shook his hand. Dave is good people....:cool:
lol, that happens every week, no one wants to pull along side. He and i are good friends. Yes he is "good People" and very humble about ALLLLLL the success he has had racing, track champ something like 14 times:rolleyes:. thats crazy numbers.

·
Off the stands for 2018!
19,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's always a great show. Awesome weather.
Bigger crowd this year than there was last year, Jim. More show cars too.

Next year I think I am leaving the race car at home though. I usually take everything in stride, but my patience was being tested, yesterday especially. Could barely get down the pit roads with all the gold carts and spectators, and popping the throttle had little effect on some of them.

More ten year old kids running 4-wheelers than you could shake a stick at....

·
Off the stands for 2018!
19,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol, that happens every week, no one wants to pull along side. He and i are good friends. Yes he is "good People" and very humble about ALLLLLL the success he has had racing, track champ something like 14 times:rolleyes:. thats crazy numbers.
He shut his car down and was gonna just wait on me. I had to tell the water box boys to have the starter send him solo. Dave always was a good guy.

·
Registered
16,805 Posts
Mitch H;5371**** said:
He shut his car down and was gonna just wait on me. I had to tell the water box boys to have the starter send him solo. Dave always was a good guy.
yes i saw you waving to the water box guys to send him.

·
Registered
14,759 Posts

Next year I think I am leaving the race car at home though. I usually take everything in stride, but my patience was being tested, yesterday especially. Could barely get down the pit roads with all the gold carts and spectators, and popping the throttle had little effect on some of them.

Yeah, my buddy ran last year and he said the same....not worth the hassle. Some things are more fun to watch than participate in.

·
Off the stands for 2018!
19,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I hate when stupid shit like that happens, that really sucks Mitch.
If I could find something wrong I would feel better about it, but everything is new except for the button on my shifter. Guess I better hook a test light up to the wire off the button and play with it for a while to see if 12 volts keeps heading to the line lock when I let go of the button? It worked great after I left the track?

·
Registered
16,805 Posts

i will skip the event next year, way to much down time, 20 min. wait between classes for ZERO reason. Now you add that all up 6, classes two time runs,and 5 to & rounds of elems you are talking 2 or 3 plus hours of down time, i lost last night/this morning 4th round at almost 2am(1st TT was at 11am). ..... Yes i know there was an OFF TRACK medical issue (RIP fellow racer) but it was only a half hour till the ambulance came back and we could start to race again.NEVER again.

·
Registered
9,435 Posts
If I could find something wrong I would feel better about it, but everything is new except for the button on my shifter. Guess I better hook a test light up to the wire off the button and play with it for a while to see if 12 volts keeps heading to the line lock when I let go of the button? It worked great after I left the track?
Oops, didn't read all of that. Well something is providing 12V all the time if it won't release, either that or the line lock itself is POS.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts