Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
42,047 Posts
Even as a follower of the Christian faith, I find it relatively easy to laugh at ourselves when the occasion arises - and this is one of those occasions. Worth the 20 minutes it takes to watch; you'll laugh your ass off. Oliver has plenty to say about the Copelands, too. :p

·
Registered
21,784 Posts
Even as a follower of the Christian faith, I find it relatively easy to laugh at ourselves when the occasion arises - and this is one of those occasions. Worth the 20 minutes it takes to watch; you'll laugh your ass off. Oliver has plenty to say about the Copelands, too. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y1xJAVZxXg

Yeh but this asshole^^ is a liberal, so even if something he said would have been funny, the fact that HE said it makes it shit

·
Registered
34,185 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y1xJAVZxXg
That was great. I’d say there’s a stiff penalty later for those scammers.

·
Registered
21,784 Posts
Kenneth Copeland is a fuckin nut job.

Name a "TV evangelist" who isn't. Pat Robertson is certainly up there in the nuts dept. Most of them are gone. "Oral Bill", Cryin Jimmy, Make up queen Tammy, I've forgotten most.

Back in the "I had a roomate" days, there were several "religious" channels packaged with the cable. eighties, early nineties I guess. Anyhow "they" were on one night and I called up their 800-donation no. and told them, "I've given you folks lots, over the years, and now I'm in a really tough jam. I need a little back"

The fucking back pedaling was hilarious. My roomate was rolling on the floor holding her gut she was laughing so hard.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Name a "TV evangelist" who isn't. Pat Robertson is certainly up there in the nuts dept. Most of them are gone. "Oral Bill", Cryin Jimmy, Make up queen Tammy, I've forgotten most.

Back in the "I had a roomate" days, there were several "religious" channels packaged with the cable. eighties, early nineties I guess. Anyhow "they" were on one night and I called up their 800-donation no. and told them, "I've given you folks lots, over the years, and now I'm in a really tough jam. I need a little back"

The fucking back pedaling was hilarious. My roomate was rolling on the floor holding her gut she was laughing so hard.
Isn’t that part of what there’re supposed to do......help people in need? That guy is scary looking. How does he justify that 18,000 sq.ft. Mansion on the water,unbelievable!

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
How is he a scammer? His lifestyle is out in the open. His followers approve, and are willing to pay for it.

Some people will do anything to save their soul.....
The better question is, how is he NOT a scammer? I guess, by your definition, Bernie Madoff wasn't a scammer either, right? What about all the people that pretend to be from the IRS, or Microsoft, or a Nigerian Prince and convince "not so smart" people to send them money? Are they not scammers either? The fact that this scam artist flaunts his lifestyle doesn't stop it from being a scam.

·
Registered
58,015 Posts
The better question is, how is he NOT a scammer? I guess, by your definition, Bernie Madoff wasn't a scammer either, right?
No. You are confused.

Bernie hid the truth. Copeland has his truth out for all to see. His supporters know he is spending millions of their dollars on his extravagant lifestyle. People still give him the money to do it.

As soon as people found out the truth about bernie, they stopped giving him money.

·
Registered
13,037 Posts
Dude might be a little greasy, but you don't attain and maintain that level of wealth without being smart and working hard.

·
Registered
19,143 Posts
Being agnostic I just shake my head and hate that anything called "religion" gets tax exemptions. I don't know the details of the exemptions but in this case I suspect that house, aircraft, cars and balance of luxurious items are paid for with tax exempt money.

At least the local churches generally are involved in a community effort that is supported locally and will help those locally in the community. Meaning there is a real building with a real spiritual "person" available for those in need. Once it leaves this setting and goes online it simply becomes largely a cash grabbing effort.

With this in mind I think the government should reconsider the exemptions for the TV preachers. Define the level of exemptions available based on how the money received is distributed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.