22,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be live on CBS on oct. 4th.

Kimbo is going to kill him.

Shamrock Gets Next Shot at ‘Slice’
Options: Email Article | Printer Friendly

Monday, August 25, 2008
by Loretta Hunt ([email protected])

Ken Shamrock (Pictures) will be the fourth man to face Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson (Pictures) when the two icons clash at EliteXC’s third installment of “Saturday Night Fights” Oct. 4 at the BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Fla. The headlining bout will anchor a live broadcast on CBS.

Sherdog.com confirmed the bout’s signing with multiple parties aware of the fight, while a press release is expected to circulate later today with the news.

The 44-year-old Shamrock (26-13-2) beat out fellow candidates Sean Gannon and Brett Rogers (Pictures), who called out Slice in May, for the coveted slot.

Shamrock, a 15-year veteran of the game who made his storied Octagon debut at UFC 1 in November 1993, has dropped his last five bouts in a row since 2005, including a lackluster showing against brawler Robert Berry (Pictures) at Cage Rage 25 last March.

However, “The World’s Most Dangerous Man” exudes substantial selling power for a match now only five and a half weeks away. A strong personality in and out of the cage, Shamrock’s 15 appearances in the UFC earned him international recognition alongside his original nemesis Royce Gracie (Pictures).

Slice (3-0) earned a third-round victory against Brit James Thompson (Pictures) in his last foray for EliteXC in May. The bout was much criticized for its questionable officiating, placing Ferguson’s skill set in doubt after Thompson held the advantage for sizable stretches of the 11-minute contest. Ferguson holds previous wins over David "Tank" Abbott (Pictures) and Bo Cantrell (Pictures).

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Shamrock was awesone 10 years ago...Kimbo will hurt him.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The Kimbo fight was a set-up against a guy with an un-drained ear to look dramatic when he hit it. He still hasn't fought a real fight yet, and the whole thing was an embarrassment to the sport. Now any fight that happens with him can't even be taken as real.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,913 Posts
yeah shamrock is washed up now...they need to have him fight brock lesner..You did see gannon called him out.hes the street fight that beat kimbo

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Nah i'll be in the pits walking around at 9 look people fixing their cars until 12 am! Taking pics and talking to people! It's gonna be awesome. Kimbo fights a few times a year when shakedown only happens once a year.
I understand....I would rather be racing than watching TV too.

·
Registered
762 Posts
You know what I think Shamrock will dominate this fight. Kimbo is nothing but a street thug with no true MMA talent. Ken was a awesome fighter and I think he still has a few good fights in him.

·
Registered
560 Posts
id like to see kimbo get him a lil bit of brock lesnar! lesnar could beat that ugly mug in like he did heath herings and was about to do to MIR berfore he got caught in a rookie mistake. but he will be a force. or even let kimbo get some of tito, and let tito feed him several elbo's!!!

·
winners circle
5,556 Posts
10 years ago Shamrock might of had a chance with Kimbo in a WWE wrestling ring..

·
Registered
269 Posts
id like to see kimbo get him a lil bit of brock lesnar! lesnar could beat that ugly mug in like he did heath herings and was about to do to MIR berfore he got caught in a rookie mistake. but he will be a force. or even let kimbo get some of tito, and let tito feed him several elbo's!!!
X2

1 - 20 of 62 Posts