Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How owns a PF9 ?

pros / cons ??

these can be had for around $250 new and I dont see anything else out there that compares

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
I was hot to get one when they were announced, but once I held one in my hand I realized that it was just narrower than my Kel-Tec P40 (about the same side profile). I may still get one someday, but I like having more mag capacity.

·
Registered
730 Posts
How owns a PF9 ?

pros / cons ??

these can be had for around $250 new and I dont see anything else out there that compares
Good bang for your buck, 250ish rounds and 40ish +p and no problems. Its very slim, sometimes for me to thin but for a pocket pistol ( hey ohhh ), it's a good buy I think.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Carry nearly every day. Like it just fine. Shot probably around a 1000 rounds through it and mainly have had problems with the magazines. I've had two where they would only fit 6 instead of 7 rounds and two that they would push the hollow points down a bit when loading and jamb the load after carrying it for a while and the shells moving forward in the magazine. When I had the magazine replaced (you only pay for the ride, Kel Tec is life time guarantee) it's been all good and no misfires on the new magazines and I've changed hollow points from the pointed Hornady to a more rounded hollow point. I also have a Ruger LCP and I still carry the Kel Tec PF-9 more often than the Ruger, feels better to hold. But, it is a handful when you start shooting it and it is louder than my 40cal S&W but I still like it.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
I've been carrying one daily in a crossbreed minituck and love the gun and the holster. The wife just got her minituck for her bodyguard 380. She liking it pretty much so far. For a slim carry 9mm, the PF9 can't be beat for the money.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I had one for a while. It's a nice gun and worked flawless. The 100# trigger pull just kinda got old!!

I would recommend buying the mag extension though. The grip is small and it gives you a little more to hold onto.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I got one last month. Surprisingly very accurate. And very reliable. Bought an extra mag and ran a box of FMJ through the gun. Then mixed up several different hollow points in both mags, and probably put about 100 of these through it. Not one hiccup. Great package for a small carry gun in a good caliber. Fits me fine, but I do not have a large hand.
I would go for it.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
I had one for a while. It's a nice gun and worked flawless. The 100# trigger pull just kinda got old!!
It is long and hard but that's the only "safety" it has.

I would recommend buying the mag extension though. The grip is small and it gives you a little more to hold onto.
Got one on all three mags.

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just went to the gun show . I got to hold/compare a lot of sub compacts .

I did like the Kahr .40 , but it was $150 more.

I have a big hand so I could only use 2 fingers on the Kel-tec , but Im sold . I loved it (looks like a baby Sig Saur) . Found them from $250-290 . Ill just get the mag ext. and an extra mag .

·
Registered
730 Posts
Gratz on the new toy. Its little, even with the extension dont be surprised if your third finger dont fit, i cant use it myself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts