Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a ladder bar setup and just swapped rear coil over from qa1 to Vikings and now I just saw that the drivers inner tire smacked the frame rail. It’s not bad, but I don’t want it to keep doing it.

there’s the same amount of clearance on both sides and only the drivers hit. There’s roughly 1” between the wheel and frame. With the car on the ground you can shake it side to side quite a bit, but it doesn’t hit. I’m sure driving creates a different scenario.

it’s a fab9 ladder bar set up with a diagonal link, c209 Viking coil overs. Looking for what I should add to alleviate the movement.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Cheap gopro camera (amazon $40) may help see what's going on. Good tool to help sort out suspension and adjustments.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
With the car on the ground you can shake it side to side quite a bit
that slide link is that answer to start with-- needs to be addressed asap! I am not a fan of diag bars to keep the back in alignment, check into a "Y" setup that should help in your tire rub area and also from the rear of your car steering your car giving you a uneasy feeling.

If your not into putting a "Y" set up--then your going to have to inspect your heims eyes very closely---a little movement will end up being a LOT once you push your car side to side....

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
^This. It would be pretty easy to lay under the car while someone shakes it so you can see what’s moving, you should have little-to-no play side-to-side.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that slide link is that answer to start with-- needs to be addressed asap! I am not a fan of diag bars to keep the back in alignment, check into a "Y" setup that should help in your tire rub area and also from the rear of your car steering your car giving you a uneasy feeling.

If your not into putting a "Y" set up--then your going to have to inspect your heims eyes very closely---a little movement will end up being a LOT once you push your car side to side....
Like a wishbone setup?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts