Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any suggestions besides the obvious... a cat

i've heard that bounce dryer sheets work

·
barndoorslammer
2,368 Posts
x2 on the bounce sheets, and lots of 'em! You could also put a couple of traps in there, just in case...those fuckers are bold!

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Irish Spring soap. slice it up and put in bowls. It has worked well for keeping mice away when storing our boat. The bounce sheets work , but they loose their fragrance sooner than the shaved soap.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
bounce works. pretty much put one in every air vent opening, one under each seat and one on top of each seat, along with a couple on the floor

kept my piece of shit '89 jimmy from getting infested with mice last summer

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Bounce sheets and Irish Spring Soap FTW.
Just put some in my coach yesterday!
I do agree that the bounce sheets lose their scent...especially when cold.

I slice up the Irish Spring and put it everywhere including near electrical.

Good to see others using same method.

Some people say putting in on top of each wheel is also good as that is where the little fuckers climb up.

I don't think traps are good, because the peanut butter or the bait attracts them.

·
M0DERAT0R
17,630 Posts
Dies it have to be BOUNCE brand sheets?
Will other dryer softener sheets work?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
does it have to be irish spring soap shavings or can i just leave the whole bar on the inside bottom of each while?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Take a 5 gallon bucket and drill 2 holes in it towards the top. Take a metal soup can and drill a hole in each end. Put a metal rod through the can and pail. Make sure the can can spin freely. Put a gallon of antifreeze in the pail and put a line of peanut butter on the can. Put the whole setup in your garage and take a piece of wood to make a ramp from the floor to the top of the pail. The mice smell the peanut butter, walk up the ramp, climb on the can, the can spins, mouse falls off into the antifreeze and drowns. Done. From what Ive read this kicks ass as far as getting rid of mice.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I'm glad the barn mine is in has cats. Except last spring, when a cat gave birth on the cover where it dipped into the bed. This year I have the cover propped up.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yellow Bullet rocks, I just took back the electric rodent deterrent i bought. I dont have to do a search now. I will be getting both The sheets and soap tomorrow. I hate those little bastards. I had to fix my remote panel under the hood because they ate the wires.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts