Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright,

The car that is being spoken about is not mine, but a friends. It is a 2004 Mustang GT. Here are some details on the car

11:1 compression
MHS stage 3 nitrous specific cams (can post up details on the cams)
Nitrous Express 2 rail direct port kit
Edelbrock victor jr intake
6061 plenum
Nitrous Outlet dedicated fuel system

He is running 25 degree's of timing on motor, and 17 degree's of timing on spray. It is jetted for a 200 shot. He is running BR7ef spark plugs gapped at 35. He is running C16 in the dedicated fuel sytem. The dedicated is set at 50psi. The AFR's are staying around the 10:7 range.

The car will not go 3 pulls without burning the ground strap off the spark plugs. It keeps doing it to cylinder 8, but has also done it to cylinder 4, and just done it to cylinder 1 this time around.

He has tried using colder plugs, but can't seem to find a colder plug that is non resistor. He tried running a Autolite AR473, and it was causing the engine to throw codes and run very rough at under 2000 rpm.

Just looking for some help from the experts here. I will get a picture of the engine with the kit on it to see if maybe you think something doesnt look right, and I will also get the specs on the cams.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Cam specs:

238/243 duration, 550/540 lift, 106/112 centerlines, 109 LSA.

Pic of kit:

BTW: Everytime it melts a plug and he pulls the rest of them out, the rest of them look just fine. It always belts number 8, and either number 1 or number 4.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
why are you not pulling more timing out of it?? also think about leaning in out a little...BUT leaning it out and retard the timing go hand in hand, so i would say get the straps to stay on first. PULL some more timing out of it

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,448 Posts
I am no fan of running the engine on pump gas and trying to add race fuel just for the nitrous. Just looking for trouble with that method. Got to pull more timing and geta cold non-extended-tip plug in there. That A/F is too rich if it is accurate.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The jets are 26 on the nitrous side, and 14 on the fuel side.

He is going to put the timing down to 13 degree's total and see what it does, then slowly start pulling fuel.

580stang - are those plugs that you mentioned resistor or non resistor?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also, he wanted me to ask if there are any issues between switching from a resistor type plug to a non resistor. He tried running a non resistor and it was missing firing under load n/a. Also, what gap would you guys recommend?

Thanks for all the good tips btw.

·
Registered
203 Posts
sounds like to much fuel

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
they are non resistor. try the ngk's they are a better plug. the 1085's work good with efi in the ls1's.

but after reading more of you post that thing is pig rich. nx is way fat.the rail system makes it worse.
when you pull more timing you need to lean it out. put more nitrous jet in it. with 200hp setting 20deg total timing would be good start.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I believe that is what he is going to do. I talked to him a few days ago and he said he was about to dedicated down to carb psi and use a bigger fuel jet.

Thanks for all the helpful tips guys. I will post up the results.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well he has decided to ditch the nitrous and build a turbo 4v motor.

I baught every bit of the nitrous stuff tho. I'm glad I asked the questions because now I have some good info.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts