Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 6 motnhs of waiting on our builder to finish our sunken patio we can now lay sod...They are doing our final grade in the morning then the fun begins...

It is amazing how fast your "Buddies" become busy as soon as there is hard work to do...So more than likely my wife and I will be laying 9003 Sq. Ft. of Sod by ourselves...

Hopefully my smoking outta shape ass wont croke...And if I do it has been fun B.S. with everyone on the bullet...

·
Photoshop Pisser Offer
3,461 Posts
After 6 motnhs of waiting on our builder to finish our sunken patio we can now lay sod...They are doing our final grade in the morning then the fun begins...

It is amazing how fast your "Buddies" become busy as soon as there is hard work to do...So more than likely my wife and I will be laying 9003 Sq. Ft. of Sod by ourselves...

Hopefully my smoking outta shape ass wont croke...And if I do it has been fun B.S. with everyone on the bullet...
Ah come on... that's "only" 22 pallets!!!! LOL! Good luck to you. I'd come help, but ah... I have... I am... I ah... enrolled in.. ah... I mean I have community service to perform tonight... and everyday until you finish, I mean for the next 2... ah.. how many pallets was that again? LOL!

·
Complete Smartass
6,190 Posts

Yikes ......................I would help but..........................

:smt082
I dont want to

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
22 pallets? Dude, your phucked!! Your wife probably aint a happy camper either. I bet by the 3rd pallet, she's ready to put a foot dead in your ass.

Damn,,,hate it for ya Bro

I'd help, but I'm a gazillion miles away (thank God)

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Pace yourself.

Stay hydrated.

Take plenty of smoke breaks.

It'll be done before you hurl your left lung.

Good luck.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Use a pitch fork.................you'll be much happier in the end.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Just don't give your wife one.....22 pallets.....screw that, hire a couple of illegal aliens....there every fucking where...:cool:

Rick
go to home depot, pay em $50 a day, get em drunk and there happy as hell. Maybe buy them a taco or 2. Then when your done, take them to INS.

·
Registered
16,786 Posts

I'll crack a cold one in honour of you and your wifes hard work Shane.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Grass grown in thatch. Comes in rolls and you put it down, water it well, and it takes root in your soil. think of it as instant lawn.

One tiohng you will love with sod, after 2-3 years you will need to dethatch your lawn professionally. Otherwise the new thatch created from cutting the lawn will lay on the already think layer you got from the sod, and then choke out the grass.

Wait to you see the amount of a job that is, about as much work as laying the sod in the first place.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Grass grown in thatch. Comes in rolls and you put it down, water it well, and it takes root in your soil. think of it as instant lawn.

One tiohng you will love with sod, after 2-3 years you will need to dethatch your lawn professionally. Otherwise the new thatch created from cutting the lawn will lay on the already think layer you got from the sod, and then choke out the grass.

Wait to you see the amount of a job that is, about as much work as laying the sod in the first place.
Cheers for that we just call it roll on ,22 pellets shit now i feel sorry for him

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
When we built our house about 5 year ago we did about the same. Laying in by hand is going to suck for you bud !! At least be had a bobcat with some forks. Put the kid in the bobcat, buddie dropped the rolls on the ground and I pulled hem into place. Did them all in a day - bobcat made it easy !

1 - 20 of 28 Posts