Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
u need the whole geardrive or just the mag drive to bolt to it?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Jim at good vibrations sells the pioneer brand mag drive. looks just like the KB Unit.. and resonably priced to !!!

try member doug horween, he had a LOT of KB/olds parts, possibly a good hookup for other parts..

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
summers bros,pioneer/fowler etc.
youll need a high dollar base that converts the x drive into a normal distributor shaft. RCD makes one that you can clock all kinds of positions.
It will be smashed really tight against the drivers side cyl head and you'll have to run a pulley spacer.
Bill Doucet is a good help for blown big chief stuff.

Where did you get the engine? I thought you were sold on the hemi?

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
i have the kb gear drive and the cover has a spot for a pump drive to mount.. so thats what im looking for is something that would work as a mag drive and pump drive and would stick the mag up and behind the blower belt
Im prtty sure I have what u need, ill let u know in the morning

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
summers bros,pioneer/fowler etc.
youll need a high dollar base that converts the x drive into a normal distributor shaft. RCD makes one that you can clock all kinds of positions.
It will be smashed really tight against the drivers side cyl head and you'll have to run a pulley spacer.
Bill Doucet is a good help for blown big chief stuff.

Where did you get the engine? I thought you were sold on the hemi?
i was sold on the hemi untill i trashed the conventional headed chevy motor and without being able to get the money out of that i had to chop my price range.. but i think we ended up with a good motor and it was cheap!! its and ex chuck worsham motor that has chuck ford's heads and cam shaft

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jim at good vibrations sells the pioneer brand mag drive. looks just like the KB Unit.. and resonably priced to !!!

try member doug horween, he had a LOT of KB/olds parts, possibly a good hookup for other parts..
how would i get in touch with ol doug to see what hes got?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
i was sold on the hemi untill i trashed the conventional headed chevy motor and without being able to get the money out of that i had to chop my price range.. but i think we ended up with a good motor and it was cheap!! its and ex chuck worsham motor that has chuck ford's heads and cam shaft
Be careful...the big chiefs are not as forgiving as a conventional head. They will make big power but keep a close eye on things between rounds.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Be careful...the big chiefs are not as forgiving as a conventional head. They will make big power but keep a close eye on things between rounds.
whats some major things im looking for? valve spring pressure? rocker's poping off? valve lash? anything for sure i need to check every pass?

·
Screwed and Loving It
1,026 Posts
Maybe put it out in front of the belt but stand it up, down, or on it's side instead of grinding the driver's head or sticking the mag forward. I use the mag version and the mag goes right into the drive. I have the mag sitting at the nine o'clock position as viewed from the front. If you have a Dunn cross drive, you swap it out for the RCD drive as it’s included. You can't point the mag version down as it will leak but the distributor version can rotate 360 degrees. If you can fit it I think it is a much better way than spacing out the pullies or idler. And for the mag, you can reverse your rotation too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Try Mike Dunn, Dunn Services #is 417-967-0528 he can build whatever you need does alot of custom stuff,and does duals for fuel cars etc,he is the dunn drive that msd used to sell,good luck.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
sorry, you posted you had an X drive mag, what doug had & what I used we for a gm style shaft, the picture of the rcd drive that someone has posted is the BEST money you can spend unless you find someone who has something used !!!

good luck, hope you find what you need at a resonable price .

1 - 20 of 35 Posts