Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dinosaur Mechanic
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals, I am looking at a used ZRX 1200 any thing I should look out for? The bike has 17000 miles and its all stock except [email protected] air pods and a muzzy exhaust. I just wondered how reliable these bikes are, and if they have any issues that might make you walk away. The bike looks clean, minor scratches on fairing and clutch cover from a low speed crash is the only damage I saw when i looked at it.
Did they ever make this bike with a six speed?

thanks,

Kirk

·
Registered
632 Posts
my father had one and it was definatly had alot of torque! very easy to wheelie but as said previous they are comfortable and nice to ride some distances. my father rode his from charleston sc to maryland. WHat year is it that you are looking at?

·
Registered
486 Posts
They are very reliable bikes, easy to find parts for. there aretons of mods you can do to these. you can put a six speed trans out of a zx11 in it,its a popular mod. here is a good forum for the zrx's.

http://zrxoa.org/forums/index.php

the link to the zzr1200 is also a nice bike. going to look at one on thursday.

·
Registered
222 Posts
A buddy of mine has one. I 've ridden it. Its lots of fun.

·
Dinosaur Mechanic
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the bike i am looking at is a 2002, and I think I can get it for about 3k

·
Registered
5 Posts
2001 12,000 grin filled miles. Does it all for me. Goes,turns and
stops. 5 speed works as this bike will have 100ftlb @ 4000 rpm.
It's done around 8,000 rpm. Bike has big balls down low.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have a 2000 ZRX1100....for $3k is a fantastic motorcycle. You might want to have it checked out as a member of www.zrxoa.com had a slow speed wreck and tweaked the frame beyond repair.

Mine has been trouble free for 14 000miles....other than tires.

·
Registered
29 Posts
02 ZRX1200R here all stock. Owned around 3yrs. Has over 50,000 miles runs and drives flawessly. Ridden everyday in the summer, great transportation and fuel mileage. Other than tires and brakes every year I love the way it rides, especially after owning many rice rockets. I ride this bitch hard, It's never let me down!

·
Dinosaur Mechanic
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the replies so far, still checking on a few others in my area but i really like the zrx rupright riding position over my girlfriends ZX12.

Kirk

·
Registered
513 Posts
I had a ZRX1200 for a few years and loved it. Of all the bikes I've owned it's the only one I regretted selling. Mine had the Muzzy pipe, Muzzy block off plates on the exhaust air and Ivans jet kit. Ran 10.60s all day long. You will love it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts