Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Built my first one in 1985 when I was 17. That one I did a 1080 kit. Next year I built a MK1000 with a 1260 kit. That was biggest kit you could stuff in a stock cylinder. That one had PnP head with larger valves,Andrews cams,shim under buckets,tit retainers,slotted cam gears,bored top case,Wiesco pistons,head studs,welded crank,Andrews Gear set,trap door pan,29mm smoothbores w/k&n's,Dyna ing and coils and more stuff. I came off my Kaw H1 500 triple to these and loved the big block torque. Just blip throttle on the 1260 and she stand str8 up. Was a blast riding her.

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Here is my KZ1000 that I bought new in 1978..

In this picture it's now packin a 1460 cc motor with 13.5 compression Wisco pistons.. A Vance & Hines prepped cylinder head.. A Falcon crankshaft.. And a bunch of other stuff I don't remember.. Plus a NOS nitrous oxide system..

An "Old School" Pro-Streeter...

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
That turbo KZ looks like the "Mr. turbo" company bike. (or one company like them) I remember seeing that bike alot in the mags of the day.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I'll add a pic of my Z1000, I like this bike alot seems very fast to me, handles very well too. Wish I had some pics of my old 1975, Z1-B, cool old bike!

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
here is my 900

1 - 20 of 51 Posts