Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved here and want to see some racing before it gets cold. Where do I go to see some good old fashioned grudge racing? Any heads up local series?

·
Registered
2,424 Posts

·
In the shop with my Vette
5,129 Posts
Just got back from the VAMP race today at KCIR, GREAT HEADS UP RACING. Next week they are at heartland park and then at kcir again for the last race Nov 3rd

Did you see the 70 year old man running a red 98 mustang? He runs the 10.00 index. That old fart is a working sumbitch at the local hotrod shop.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will try to make the next one. I will be in TN on the 29th so that is out. I looked at the VAMP website and only saw a drag radial class? What is car count like? What other classes?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
They have 14.0 13.0 12.0 11.30 10.70 10.0 index classes, 8.5 tire heads up and drag radial heads up. Drag radial has a big spread 5.0's to 5.80's usually a 16 car ladder while the 8.5 is in the first year with noticeable growth 8 cars yesterday from 5.8-5.4.

·
Registered
323 Posts
They have 14.0 13.0 12.0 11.30 10.70 10.0 index classes, 8.5 tire heads up and drag radial heads up. Drag radial has a big spread 5.0's to 5.80's usually a 16 car ladder while the 8.5 is in the first year with noticeable growth 8 cars yesterday from 5.8-5.4.
Its the second year for 8.5.

·
Registered
744 Posts
What's the rules for the crazy 8's?
Big Block N/A

Nitrous Small Block, Plate, 1 Nitrous, 1 Fuel Solenoid, with a Purge Valve -4 line (450ci limit)

Blown Small Block, F1R and comparable max size, intercoolers must be in front of firewall.

Turbo Small Block, 88mm Max, Intercoolers must be in front of firewall.

No Boxes with working slew rate (7531)

Hoosier or M/T 26x8.5

Slap em on and come and play!

Next weekend is at HPT.

·
Registered
901 Posts
There used to be an 1/8 mile track directly south of the Manhattan airport when I was stationed at ft riley. Is it still in operation?

For the 8.5 class. What are the rules for a 4 cylinder car ?

Like the one in my Sig.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
There used to be an 1/8 mile track directly south of the Manhattan airport when I was stationed at ft riley. Is it still in operation?

For the 8.5 class. What are the rules for a 4 cylinder car ?

Like the one in my Sig.
Its still there. Some of the guys from here in Salina head over there to bracket race. I don't think they have a website though. Here is a link with with some info.

http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/KS/Midwest.html

·
Registered
901 Posts
I would love to go back and run at that track. Back in 88-89-90 when I was at ft riley u ran there. I only had a mid 10 second ( 1/4 mile ) Nitrous car then. This car is much faster. LoL.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts