Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Montgomery Ragland
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is every ones thoughts on Kahrs? I'm looking for a carry that is comfortable and something just a little larger frame wise than my Diamondback DB380.

The little micro DB380 is a great little deal that I shoot well with and you can throw it in your pocket and forget it is in there. As where my XD .45 is way to bulky to carry everyday comfortable with my slim body stature. So I went out looking and found the Kahr CW which is just about right in between my DB and XD. I was also thinking to shed a little weight I would get it in 9mm.

Anybody have any thoughts and opinions on the kahr or some other flavor of everyday carry that I could look into before I pull the trigger on is particular CW9?.

·
Slow Poke
2,060 Posts
I really like my Kahr PM9 and P380. The CW9 is the same dimensions as the PM9 with their regular barrel design, one magazine and the engraving on the slide is slightly less to get costs down. You can't go wrong with a Kahr in my opinion.

Just don't call your local gun stores and ask if they're "Kahr dealers". They reply with, "no we sell guns". Ask me how I know, haha.

·
Registered
290 Posts
PM9 or CM9 are smaller 9's than the CW. A small step up in total package size than a pocket .380.

Kahr makes nice guns.

·
Slow Poke
2,060 Posts
PM9 or CM9 are smaller 9's than the CW. A small step up in total package size than a pocket .380.

Kahr makes nice guns.
Whoops, read that quickly and thought he said CM9 and assumed so since it's relatively new. You are correct, the CW9 is slightly larger than the PM9. My bad.

·
Montgomery Ragland
3,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Correct the CM and PM are micro/pocket carries. They are the same size as the Diamondback 380 I have. I'm wanting something just a tick smiggen bigger than the pocket stuff. I found the CW which I really really liked the total size of the package and also how it fit in hand.

Having always shot full size stuff, when I grab this new pocket deal I feel like I'm going to shoot my finger tips off. It's no big deal as I have x1000's of rounds threw my XD where I only have a couple hundred threw this pocket carry, just need to spend more time with it. But I feel as tho I'm holding my own hand when I'm shooting it as I can cover the whole thing with my hand.

So I went out looking to see if I could find a frame size that was slightly larger and I really liked what I found in the Kahr CW, so I was thinking I could use the CW as main and the pocket DB as backup. Was wondering if anybody out there had the same idea of experiences with this model

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
my wife owns a pm9 which is just slightly smaller than the cw9.
it is a nice shooter but can be a bit finicky depending on the ammo you choose. (it does not like steel case ammo at all)
before she got her chl i was looking into one for myself. but, when i held one, it just didn't feel right for my big fingers. the kahr stuff has a very low pivot point for the trigger and it would pinch my finger upon reset.
i ended up with a taurus pt740 slim. (they also come in 9mm) excellent trigger and very accurate for a small gun.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts