Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dude that owned the welder before me had "spliced" the groudn wire together. the tape was getting pretty beat up so I figured I would take it appart & then clean it up. well........ I got it appart & here is what I found.

Dude had litterally stripped it back & tied the wires together. :roll:

·
Registered
434 Posts
WOW! lol that is fucking awesome. Would that be a wire knot?

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
hope that guy didn't wire any houses

·
Read Only
5,341 Posts
Thats a fine example of home repair gone bad. Lucky you never got hurt Bob.

·
Registered
42,142 Posts
Years ago a guy gave me a stick welder and said you couldn't weld shit with it. I got it home and found the wire bundle that plugs into the welder had about two or three strands left unbroken out of about 200 or so.:) Still welds great to this day.

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
That's nothing... I mean, nothing.

I thought I'd seen it all until last night on YB when someone posted some dude cutting off his own pecker/balls.

Then I realized I'd seen it all.

·
Registered
434 Posts
That's nothing... I mean, nothing.

I thought I'd seen it all until last night on YB when someone posted some dude cutting off his own pecker/balls.

Then I realized I'd seen it all.
glad i helped you expand your horizon lol. I never realized how fucked up soo many people are till i got online.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
BobbyBoost ,
This looks like a pretty good ground to me .... :cool:
Besides , if ya rest your sweaty arm pit over the tube your weldin , there will be more than enough area grounded to git the job done ..... ;)

·
My little SBC...
2,692 Posts
I think they were attempting what's called a "Western Union splice."

If it's done properly, it will conduct just fine.

This example is not the best, but I have made similar splices using the Western Union splice, soldering the wire together and covering with heat shrink that are probably as good as the wire is.

Search on "Western Union splice" and see how it's supposed to be done, with solid wire.

Jim

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I think they were attempting what's called a "Western Union splice."

If it's done properly, it will conduct just fine.

This example is not the best, but I have made similar splices using the Western Union splice, soldering the wire together and covering with heat shrink that are probably as good as the wire is.

Search on "Western Union splice" and see how it's supposed to be done, with solid wire.

Jim
Didn't know the name of it, but it is a commonly used practice. You guys would be suprised how some of the wiring is done in older houses. Bare wires that are bent on the end and piece of wire in the middle to pull them tight together. It was done a bunch and passes what little code there was.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts