Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
''The trend of drivers with money and damn little experience getting whatever Top Fuel and Funny Car rides become available will continue.'' i believe that.

·
Bracket racer
5,191 Posts
Dont they use nitro for outerspace? Nitromethain is a monopropelant. Has its own o2 so it can burn in space.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I don't see the uproar. Everything he said is true!!! Ray.

·
Yellowbullet Overlord
26,528 Posts
I think he hit the nail on the head.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
''The trend of drivers with money and damn little experience getting whatever Top Fuel and Funny Car rides become available will continue.'' i believe that.
I agree with that statement. Not just in drag racing but all motor sports. How much money you bringing to the table. Look at Jim Head, been looking for a driver for the past three years. What he really is saying is , looking for someone with tons of money they want to give him or a major sponsor they can bring him. Then and only then will they drive his car. Thats racing. You want to play you got to pay.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Not that I'm a big fan of the IHRA format one of the coolest things I've seen in a while was the nostalgia Nitro Funny cars last year. It brought me back to the days when a privateers had a chance to win and didn't need multiple millions to be competitive.

·
Registered
10,169 Posts
Jeff Burk is a perennial Bitcher!!!! He's convinced that if NHRA listened to him, they would have NASCAR style sponsors, Packed houses everywhere, same old crap!!!

·
Bracket racer
5,191 Posts
NHRA needs to to bring back pro "STOCK" and that would help. Nothing stock about a pro stock these days. Even if it slows them down people want to be able to relate to the cars. They all look alike. The only way to tell them apart is the sticker on the hood.

·
Pro Mod Professor
6,846 Posts
NHRA needs to to bring back pro "STOCK" and that would help. Nothing stock about a pro stock these days. Even if it slows them down people want to be able to relate to the cars. They all look alike. The only way to tell them apart is the sticker on the hood.
Pretty much the same with Funny cars, all remind me of bubbles lol

·
Registered
8,513 Posts
Slowing the fuel cars down and making them more affordable to operate will eventually save those classes and make NHRA more money. The less money it takes to run a fuel car, the more teams will show up to race. That will cause more competition and more fan appeal. When they slowed down NASCAR with restrictor plates everybody flipped out and some still dont like it. The bottom line is that it evened out the competition and made it better for the fans. The fans and their dollars are what drives these series, not these overblown race teams.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts