Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm posting this because I got screwed By Harold Furo of Furo Racecraft in Stevens point, WI and don't want to see anyone else get screwed. So this started 14 months ago when I was looking for someone to do a complete redo on my 1970 Plymouth GTX and he was recommended to me by more then one person and the work look good. So I got in touch with Harold with all the stuff I'd like done to my car and he said it wouldn't a problem. I brought my car there and gave him some $$ to get started on the car, he told me it would be a month or so to get started which was fine with me and he said 4-6 months to finish the car. So 6 months later he stared on the cage and mocking up the rear suspension in my car, he asked me to come down and check the car out which I did( 8hrs one way for me). I looked at the car and started picking it apart like main hoop to close to the body, A pillar bars to close ( I'm going to put the original interior in the car) and the gaps on some of the bars. He seemed like he got mad about everything I was saying but we came to and agreement on everything. So this is when it all goes for a shit so now it's been 7 months and nothing done to my car and when I send him texts or call him, he doesn't answer my calls or texts and when he does he tells me I'm the first person that didn't like how tight he fits the cage to the body. It wouldn't be bad if I wasn't putting interior, So jump forward to last week when I told him I'm coming down to pick up my stuff and car. I sent him a text 4 days before I'm go down to pick my stuff up I get no response until an hour before I get there and he tells me he's in Milwaukee getting his shoulder checked and that he wouldn't be there. Thanks for giving me some notice and he sends me a message saying that he never told me he was going to be there and that he'll tell me when I can come get my car. So I was a little pissed at that but just blew it off, I told him fine I'll come down Saturday to pick my stuff up (no response again). So I leave and think about it and stop in Eau Claire, WI and get a room and going to head back Wednesday. Wednesday I head back but park 1 block away and send my buddy over to his shop to see if there's anyone there, he's working in the shop but only a back door open. I walk over to his shop and knock on the door he opens the door and the look on his face when I say "Hi Harold" was priceless and he automatically goes into a defense mode of he's been sick and so on. I said I want my stuff and my money back, I bring my trailer around and load up all the parts and he says he'll have the car off the jig on the weekend for me, so I have to go back again to get the car. I'm heading down on Saturday and he sends a message asking when I'm going to get there, I said 2pm and he said Ok all there stuff will be outside waiting for you because I have a doctors appointment. Nice we show up and find all my stuff out in his parking lot, so we load everything up and I send him a message asking about the money.....so you know how this goes, no response and it seems like he's just going to ignore me now. He owes me a big chunk of change and I'm probably never going to see the cash. So I'm just warning everyone of Furo Racecraft in Stevens Point, WI. So if you guys want to help here's his info
email

phone # 715-342-0300
or his contact page http://www.furoracing.com/contact.shtml

Thanks for all the help
Kevin

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope not all up front, I gave him money to start and get parts. But a good chunk none the less.
Kevin

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Here we go!!!! Hope he signs up and post his side of the story.

·
THREAD KILLER
5,135 Posts
what was done to the car, what parts, how much etc., yea wait time sucks but it happens. did he have interior parts, specific directions etc.? just wondering what all was agreed on up front and how it sets now.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He was supposed to do a round tube backhalf, 25.5 cage, build Stainless headers, stainless brake lines and fit the interior around the cage. He fit half the cage and mocked up rear suspension. It was supposed to be a super stock and I wanted to keep the interior in the car. The cars sat since December and nothings been done since then.
Kevin

·
Registered
29,522 Posts
I didn't read that he paid for everything ahead did you?
No he's claiming he is owed money. well this " He owes me a big chunk of change". Numbers were not given, but to say Big chunk, to me implies it was paid ahead of the build because by picking up the car and being owed a big chunk is not inline with a payment progression plan.

It's not just this guy, but damn near every shop seems to be super slow and for some reason collect the cash in advance. Race / restoration / body shops just seem to be in over their heads when it comes to money management.

I own a construction company. I am owed 20 to 30% of the job upon completion. Guess what? I front the materials, labor and overhead for every job and as that job progresses I get paid back. In the end my employees are paid on time, materials are paid for, company takes it's profit and the job is completed in the time frame stated..Cause I want the 30% and to finish the job.

I just don't see why people deal with shops that can't do something similar. Get your job done and get paid.

They get paid in advance and spend it on something else and wait for another job to advance to pay for your job, it seem to me.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Not for sure. But wasn't varley's crew on street outlaws season finale wearing furo racecraft shirts?

·
Registered
678 Posts
So lutz is working for Midwest street cars. Furo is sponsoring varley or something. Who else is a crook in the racing world going to end up on that show? And I was actually liking the show.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I know a guy who paid $2000 down and left his car there for a 25.5

Two years later and its still in the corner, never been touched

·
THREAD KILLER
5,135 Posts
No he's claiming he is owed money. well this " He owes me a big chunk of change". Numbers were not given, but to say Big chunk, to me implies it was paid ahead of the build because by picking up the car and being owed a big chunk is not inline with a payment progression plan.

It's not just this guy, but damn near every shop seems to be super slow and for some reason collect the cash in advance. Race / restoration / body shops just seem to be in over their heads when it comes to money management.

I own a construction company. I am owed 20 to 30% of the job upon completion. Guess what? I front the materials, labor and overhead for every job and as that job progresses I get paid back. In the end my employees are paid on time, materials are paid for, company takes it's profit and the job is completed in the time frame stated..Cause I want the 30% and to finish the job.

I just don't see why people deal with shops that can't do something similar. Get your job done and get paid.

They get paid in advance and spend it on something else and wait for another job to advance to pay for your job, it seem to me.
the profit margins arent close to the same and its a damn sight harder to find good, qualified help. I do agree though that most suck as business men, if they didnt they would have picked another profession lol. I should have.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I am only going to post in regards to this once. I have been out of the office off and on alot over the past 6 months in regards to dealing with my shoulder. First of all I am going to have total shoulder replacement of my right shoulder this winter. I can no longer do what I have been able to do in the past without a extreme amount of pain. I do not have any cartilage left so its bone on bone. So with that said I am having some people pick up their cars. I have tried to work thru this pain and I can no longer do it. I am sorry to those who have been affected by this. Now as far as Kevin we loaded up all his parts on Wednesday and I had to get his car off the jig. I got this done for the weekend like he had asked. We discussed that he has credit on his account. I told him I have no problem returning what he is owed.

·
Registered
13,185 Posts
Well that was a quick result!.....Well done for sorting out a fellow "Moparite"!!!! LOL..........................................(Ill leave this bit blank for a while)

·
Registered
12,339 Posts
Anyone notice it's always the same "I/we/mother/dog got sick/dead" story with these type of shops?

Why can't they just admit it's poor cash flow and deal with it?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts