Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pro charged rat on gass makes [email protected] no inter cooler any body spraying alch in to the inlet of the blower thinking of a alch hat nozzle 35-37 on a nitrous controler and a rpm switch trying to cool intake charge and curb det any takers???

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
There are kits already you can buy to do that. Morris has done that, spraying thru the inlet side. If you run good gas, you won't need to do that though with 14psi.

Craig

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
C16 i know the fuel is up to the job but man after a pass the hat is hot as hell just thought there might be some power in it??

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
I'm sure there's probably some power to be gained but not sure how much or if it'd be worth the cost and hassle of the system. I run a bit more boost and less octane than straight C16 with no intercooler.

Craig

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
pro charged rat on gass makes [email protected] no inter cooler any body spraying alch in to the inlet of the blower thinking of a alch hat nozzle 35-37 on a nitrous controler and a rpm switch trying to cool intake charge and curb det any takers???
That's going to displace air going into the blower.

Why not spray it in after the blower?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
don't think it would matter much other than trying to compress the liquid and what air it displaced just thought it would cool better getting beat up a bit???

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
I would not spray anything into something spinning at 60,000 rpm.

C-16 likes a little heat and some timing to work right.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
alky

I heard you can pick up 50 hp with a water/alky mixture. I just put a kit on a blown gas boat 14 lbs pump gas deal using boost to pressurize the tank and a nos solenoid opening at 10psi. have a .040 nozzle spraying in the top of a whipple charger. looking to prevent detonation only with this deal, probably wouldnt see any power increase in the boat 1300 hp 598ci chevy motor

·
Registered
905 Posts
Interesting thread. I know additional power can be made cooling inlet air. I have read about Morris spraying at the inlet. I can't afford to experiment with my blower. I would add piping to direct the inlet air from a cooler space and leave it. I ran a meth kit from AlkyControl spraying into the carb hat on my D1. This is a widely used system and very safe when used properly. I have since stepped up to an F2 and will be using an air to water intercooler.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I saw a guy running a dry kit at Gainesville.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I was to the dyno a week ago,some of the pulls with my SBC-400 with Vortech YSI,and no cooler,With 14# boost and pump gas ,timing at 30 degs. made 809 hp,tryied two 625 nozzles lost 54 hp,tryied nozzle only lost 9 hp.....I could have boosted more......Oldhead

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I spoke at length with Rodney at AIS and he recommended a small nozzle into the F2 and 2 after the BOV's. The turbo's spin at too high an rpm for a nozzle before hand but he assured me a small atomised shot would really help keep the impeller and unit cooler. Before the IC is a no no as it allows the mist to collect on the IC sides and form larger droplets that don't mix with the air correctly and evaporate quickly enough to cool the mixture correctly. At the moment I have 2 x nozzles just befor ethe carb but will probably add one into the impeller later once I have dialed this lot in.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I had a 2 stage nos system putting 350hp into 2 turbos,The fuel never caused a turbo problem. I doubt a single .040 nozzle would affect much

1 - 16 of 16 Posts