Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cherry tomatoes are starting to ripen up, soon I'll have more than I can possibly eat. It also looks like one cucumber is ready to go. Those'll be out of hand as well.

Anyone else have a garden this year?

·
Registered
7,912 Posts
we have not even got ours in the ground yet!
good for you!

·
Senior Moment
5,975 Posts
Good for, you, Buddy....In Upstate NY (Lake Ontario Region) I haven't even been able to mow my lawn, other than the high ground. Temps went to the 70's (77) today, I think for the 2nd or 3rd time of 2019. Friggin' depressing!!!! Enjoy the fruits of your labor!

·
Registered
454 Posts
We do wild Florida Everglades tomatoes down here. They are small like cherry tomatoes. Most traditional tomato varieties don’t take the heat and sandy soil too well, but these little native ones grow like weeds and are pretty tasty.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We do wild Florida Everglades tomatoes down here. They are small like cherry tomatoes. Most traditional tomato varieties don’t take the heat and sandy soil too well, but these little native ones grow like weeds and are pretty tasty.
Interesting.

I'm about a 1/4 mile from a semi-brackish slough, and our water table is only 6-7 feet. You can grow just about anything with little effort here.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I finally got mine in, tomatoes peppers n corn. Was sick for a few weeks and in the hospital for a few days, way behind lol.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I finally got mine in, tomatoes peppers n corn. Was sick for a few weeks and in the hospital for a few days, way behind lol.
Well, glad to hear you're above ground, hope all is well. Good luck with the garden.

·
Registered
53,657 Posts
Still cold in michigan, and it has been raining for two months straight.

I thought global warming was causing a drought.....

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Well, glad to hear you're above ground, hope all is well. Good luck with the garden.
Thank you! Hope this year is better than last, rain killed my garden last year, so far it's starting out wet here again. :smt076

·
Former RJ instigator
37,501 Posts
We planted some tomato plants, jalapenos and one cucumber plant back in April, I'll see if I can get some pics up in a bit.

·
Former RJ instigator
37,501 Posts
My mammoth jalapeno plants are starting to produce a few peppers and the tomato plants ( better bush determinant variety ) got a few small ones that should be ready in a couple weeks.

·
Former RJ instigator
37,501 Posts
Yesterday I made my first batch of salsa with my tomatoes and jalapeno peppers, it's very picante ( spicy )!

There's nothing like some fresh homemade salsa, so good!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Cherokee Purple came in first, then the cherry's, and Black Krim.
Just this week the Big Stripy just started to give up some huge fruits. Got two more varieties of tomatoes going that have not started to ripen yet - same for a huge donator that popped up on the edge of the compost pile. That pile is now covered with a watermelon patch.

Tomato soup is a good way to get through them things.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts