Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just ordered an enclosed 8.5x20 from usa cargo in douglas ga hope I havent screwed up any info would be great

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Good luck.....before accepting delivery check:
First and foremost the condition of the roof, get a ladder!!!
Then interior lights, both 12v and 110.
Check craftsmanship of trim fit on interior, especially around door an drop gate.
Then get under it and ck welds and "squareness?" Of frame.
I'd buy elsewhere if you still can.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well my deposit has disappeared from my checking account the money is still there so maybe I am in luck

·
Registered
766 Posts
Your deposit has disappeared from your checking account the money is still there?

Makes sense...
Yeah, good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the transaction is gone and my money has not been touched they have not got anything haha

·
Registered
16,503 Posts
Not to beat you up, but why do people ask these questions after they've paid their money?

·
Registered
16,503 Posts
Been there done that! Hope it works out ok for ya. For what its worth, I think 20' is a little too small.

·
Registered
14,759 Posts
Are you towing the S10? My dime fits fine in the 20' I just picked up with room for the scooter and a tool box in front. I'm even able to do some work on it while in the trailer. You should have a little more with the V nose. One thing I'm happy about is mine has the 5200lb axles 4' man and escape door.

I agree it is always nice to have bigger. But that leads to loading with more stuff that arguably isn't needed. And then you need a bigger truck and more fuel to move it. It never ends. Guy actually had mine advertised as a 22' which is what caught my attention since you don't see many that size. Sure beats my open and now I have a storage place for the truck.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I use a 20 footer to haul the blazer, it just the right size for the essentials. I carry tools, jack, spare, fuel, generator, small compressor, battery charger, and misc other crap.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I'm committed to the 20' and no the s10 is going in it the silverado is for pulling it

·
Registered
14,759 Posts
Well I'm committed to the 20' and no the s10 is going in it the silverado is for pulling it
That's what I meant to say. Towing the S10 not towing with it.

I have mine set with about 6" between the ramp and the rear of the truck....as far back as I can get it in other words. Being an S10 is nose heavy anyway and with the tools and scooter in front I have plenty of tongue weight.

Nice looking dime BTW.

·
Registered
14,759 Posts
Here's how mine fits. Just made up the mount and installed the toolbox yesterday. I have two D-rings to install further back so the chains aren't stretched out to trip over.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks good I think I will be just fine for as much as I don't get to go to the track lol

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
For some reason the guys with no trailer or a 20 foot trailer keep coming over to my 24 foot trailer to borrow (take) supplies. I'm going to get a 16 foot trailer next time or start LOCKING my trailer up at the track. They even come in during my afternoon naps and help themselves to my paid for supplies.

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
For some reason the guys with no trailer or a 20 foot trailer keep coming over to my 24 foot trailer to borrow (take) supplies. I'm going to get a 16 foot trailer next time or start LOCKING my trailer up at the track. They even come in during my afternoon naps and help themselves to my paid for supplies.
Put up a sign: Gas, Grass or Ass nobody mooches for free.

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
I am one of those 20 foot trailer guys who's been known to borrow (Take) things from your trailer. I just wish someone would have said "get a bigger trailer or you will regret it." Also if your friends can't borrow the ocassional nut bolt jet timing light etc, then what would you have to bitch about ;-)

Seriously to the OP get a larger one if you can or you will regret it. Take it from someone who didn't listen to their friends.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
I am one of those 20 foot trailer guys who's been known to borrow (Take) things from your trailer. I just wish someone would have said "get a bigger trailer or you will regret it." Also if your friends can't borrow the ocassional nut bolt jet timing light etc, then what would you have to bitch about ;-)

Seriously to the OP get a larger one if you can or you will regret it. Take it from someone who didn't listen to their friends.

I was patiently waiting for your reply Al. LOL

1 - 20 of 42 Posts