Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on wensday , fell really good , started taking the pill every morning for the rest of my life , wanted to know what can i should i expect

eating wise , sports wise , sex wise , with my kids , etc
i.ve been told life going on at it's all good
but you are removing a part of your body , well you know what i mean

not really worried , just wanted some other piont s of view

thanks YB

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
on wensday , fell really good , started taking the pill every morning for the rest of my life , wanted to know what can i should i expect

eating wise , sports wise , sex wise , with my kids , etc
i.ve been told life going on at it's all good
but you are removing a part of your body , well you know what i mean

not really worried , just wanted some other piont s of view

thanks YB
My dad has his removed probably 10 years ago. At first it was rough on him till they got the dosage figured out but now he is good to go.

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thanks

they got me on .137 mg for now we will see
i don't want to put on wait , i trying to lose 10 lbs as it is

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
cool thanks

they got me on .137 mg for now we will see
i don't want to put on wait , i trying to lose 10 lbs as it is
That was his problem, he put on weight and was always tired. He would work out everyday, watched what he ate and still put on weight. It took them close to 2 years and him going round and round with them to get back to a normal energy level.

I would say just watch how you feel, your energy level and your weight.

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That was his problem, he put on weight and was always tired. He would work out everyday, watched what he ate and still put on weight. It took them close to 2 years and him going round and round with them to get back to a normal energy level.

I would say just watch how you feel, your energy level and your weight.

thats what I'm most concerned about energy and putting on the wait

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
had a pretty large lump last summer , did a few test and a couple of altrasounds , they did find a calcium biuld up ( witch is not a good sign )
they (doc. ) said we should remove 1/2 and do more yest on sample , and may be you'll be ok or may be remove the rest , i said fuck it remove it all , and never look back

·
Registered
700 Posts
Were you experiencing any pain before surgery. Usually calcium deposits mean nothing. In fact if you google search some sources claim 42 percent of the population has these deposits.

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no real pain , i did feel some thing , but no pain , it was weird , the lump was big though , and was pulling a tendon or some thing and i would had ear aces

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
My wife is getting her's done today, they are using radiation to kill it vs surgery though. Her Dr. said it was alot less risk to just kill it with radiation vs removing it with surgery.

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
My Mom is 65 and been taking a daily pill for an inactive thyroid for 20+ years. She eats healthy and exercises 3-4 times a week. No smoking and no excessive drinking. Her last physical 3 months ago the doctor told her she's in great shape for her age.

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
not to sure about the radiation, it was not an option for me
but my mom is fight cancer as wee speak and i see what kymo and radiation does to her I'll take surgery
my mom has pancreatic cancer

·
Mike
7,589 Posts
Sorry to hear about the pancreatic cancer. My thyroid went hyperactive 17 years ago, did the radioactive Iodine and deactivated it. There are no side effects to this radiation as the Iodine is taken up by the thyroid gland. My normal weight was 180 or so back then and has gone up till I hit 250. I am an active person so I am distressed at not being able to be in better control. I'm back down to 230 I walk about 150 miles a month, lift weights and I'm not making progress any more and I am watching what I eat. There is a book by Mary J. Shomon the Thyroid Diet that may be of interest to you. Also if I'm busy I don't feel tired but if I'm home and not motivated I can sleep a bunch. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
A guy I work with had his removed, like everyone else said, weight gain and energy level are the toughest parts, the Doc getting your dosage figured out is key, his was 3 years ago and he says he's pretty well adjusted now, but it did take a while. Good luck.

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm using synthroid , it's a generic drug costs about 13.00$ for 30 pills

1 - 20 of 29 Posts