Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got word that a lot of the part numbers for MSD are going to go waaaaaayyyyy up September the first. I just figured I would give everyone a heads up. So if you need anything you may want to get it now. Remember we are doing free shipping on internet orders until AUGUST 15th

thanks

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Its crazy that automotive electronics pricing is actually going up when in every other industry electronics pricing is going down.

Hopefully someday another company comes out that can give MSD a run for their money. Basically right now they are the only game in town.

·
Eddie Haskell
7,851 Posts
IHopefully someday another company comes out that can give MSD a run for their money. Basically right now they are the only game in town.

Like Mallory? Always loved the unilite and how about the Accell BEI?

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
lets see their product get shittier and the price goes up. even more sad is the fact that a bunch of their stuff is made in mexico.

doesnt really matter to me though i gave up on msd a few years ago when everything would fail

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Its crazy that automotive electronics pricing is actually going up when in every other industry electronics pricing is going down.

Hopefully someday another company comes out that can give MSD a run for their money. Basically right now they are the only game in town.
Everybody complains about shit going up. Everybody complains about shit being made in china or somewhere else. For it to be an american based company and be made here the price will have to go up. I dont care if its MSD or paper plates or whatever. Its the economy right now.

As for being made in Mexico EL Paso and Juarez Mexico is basicly the same city.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, I think they do need some competition. Mallory stuff just doesnt cut it. Almost every mallory piece I have sold has had some sort of problem with it (at least thier ignition boxes). I know some of the boxes are going up 100 plus dollars.

·
from across the pond...
6,961 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
The Crane HI-8 and 9500 control was the best electronic ignition I ever used. Too bad they don't make it anymore. Like almost everyone else, I use the MSD stuff now. Had the mag44 control box crap out once but they fixed it for there usual $65 charge. Not to bad but they could use some good competition to keep the pricing reasonable.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts