Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Greg Z Designs
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called these guys up from Autometer a few weeks ago. I Ordered my dash with all the bells and whisles. BOOST,FUEL, SPEEDO, DUEL AF for both banks, reads Oil, Water and a few other things. The entire kit came with all the wires and just had to order a few sensors. I cant wait till this all goes in our Mustang at FURO

By gzoetmulder at 2011-01-30

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Looks great Greg!!!

·
Registered
780 Posts
I dig, will be a nice clean install by the looks. Nice alternative for late model cars even. What do the prices run? Are they cheaper then a Racepak setup?

·
Confused Racer
41,939 Posts
Nice! i always liked them. Funny how autometer is using daytona sensors wide band and restickering it

·
Greg Z Designs
4,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dig, will be a nice clean install by the looks. Nice alternative for late model cars even. What do the prices run? Are they cheaper then a Racepak setup?
Not Sure...........I didnt look at the bill. Mine is a basic setup for a street car with a blowthru setup

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Greg, be sure to post the finish pics.....thats going to look awesome :D

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Looks like a joint effort between autometer and stack. Stack seems to be pretty popular with the SCCA - road course crowd, thats what we used in the GT3 car that I used to helped with.

·
Registered
818 Posts
thats nice

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
Dang, that O2 setup looks exactly like my Daytona Sensors WEGO III unit with a new sticker. I have ours hooked into the RacePak VNet through a USM module.
We've been running it for two years now.

·
Confused Racer
41,939 Posts
Dang, that O2 setup looks exactly like my Daytona Sensors WEGO III unit with a new sticker. I have ours hooked into the RacePak VNet through a USM module.
We've been running it for two years now.
Nice! i always liked them. Funny how autometer is using daytona sensors wide band and restickering it
But hey why not? they are using Stacks dash for it.

LOL

·
Banned
13,503 Posts
Clean!

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
From what I've read that is a display only dash, the Autometer is a data logger dash. It also has a real tach instead of that stupid digital thingy Racepak has.
It's there for reference only...actually when we are racing there's absolutely no need for a tach anyway. A shift light or air/electric shifter is all that you need. I don't think there's any question that the RacePak is the overall best logger available. Not saying some of the other systems don't work and aren't any good, just that if you want the best, most reliable, etc. then RacePak has proved itself and is what sets the standard in Professional racing. It's not for everyone because of cost or application.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts