Yellow Bullet Forums banner
721 - 740 of 754 Posts

·
Registered
16,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #721 ·
looks like alot of cut grind and test fit then repeat a few times! lol Looking good!
Lol. Many pieces of cardboard were sacrificed during this engineering effort! lol. Disassembly will be more work than before, but its still the right way to go.

Reactions: mike dennis

·
Registered
16,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #724 ·
How ya been Muffy?
Hi Darren! I'm ok. Keeping my head above water through these messed up times. I have been off work (millwright) since March break. The company I work for(automotive welding and automation) has slowly been trying to get back to full capacity. We still have 100 of 700 people on layoff. I am one of those by choice. I can take care of myself, so I have told my bosses to let the younger guys with kids and mortgages have the hours. We were all suppose to be back by now. We have tons of secured work, but the projects are now having the delivery dates pushed back, so the need for full manpower isn't there yet. There are so many questions as to where this industry is headed in the future. Unemployment pays me enough to cover all my bills, so I keep busy in the garage. Lots of people worse off than me, and my health is good, so I'm not complaining. Planning on having the car at a local annual race in about 5 weeks, and by the looks of it, that will be about it for this year. Been lots of charity cruising and hanging out at the coffee shops with the other car guys this summer. How are you doing? Being a business owner in these times has to be difficult!?

·
Registered
16,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #726 ·
Dang, your outlook & attitude with this crap is awesome!!
I am doing well, lots of work, running full steam ahead, growing & building the newest 55.
Life is good & I'm glad you are doing well my friend!!
A 55............imagine that! :D I'm sure it will be badass as always! Stay safe buddy!

Reactions: DHR Darren

·
Registered
16,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #734 ·
Hey Darrin I was wondering what paint you use to paint the frame etc? Look forward to seeing the build on it. OP sorry to hijack. I'm loving your Chevy II. Hopefully life will go back to normal soon and you can get back to work. Thanks
Holding my own so far

·
Registered
16,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #736 ·
Dayum Muffy!!
That looks like a very well kept shop!
Sorry for the hijack!

It's JD Blitz Black paint.
All good. You recommended that JD BB to me as well. Its on the bottom of the car, the interior, the trunk, and under the hood. Holds up amazingly well!

·
WHAT?
2,058 Posts
Haha!! JD as in John Deere!! Would never have guessed!!! Im refreshing my trailer and will need to completely paint it back up (put some side step all lenght long and new steel deck to boot!!!) and jee... at the price it seems to sell for, i might try it out!!! Thanks guy’s!!

i needed to go to JD anyways as i need some clear hose for my -12 push lock fittings on my cans and i heard JD is the place to get that size hose. Ill check all that out this week. Glad i read about the paint before i went!!!

Lead

Attachments

·
WHAT?
2,058 Posts
JD paint is awesome. Of it holds up on our logging equipment then it's tough!
i went by JD yesterday but all they had was flat black. Guy said he dont have gloss And that BlitzBlack is only in flat... seemed to been there a good while and was into cars. He said they were more of the “Grass” division and maybe i should go to a more Agricultural / Equipment JD place. I thought it was as man, that place is huge And is full of as huge tractors in the (again) huge yard. Oh well....

Just to confirm, that’s gloss you used, right Darren?

Sorry for jackin your thread up a l’ill ‘Muffin. 😉❤

Edit: hey post a pic of your car as it sits NOW just so were officially back to it!! 👍

Reactions: DHR Darren
721 - 740 of 754 Posts