Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 754 Posts

·
Registered
16,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The plan is a street/strip car. LSA Cadillac motor/4L80E combo........maybe........ 315/60/15 drag radial with a 4.30 gear. Hoping for mid/upper tens and hiway fuel economy in the low 20's. Should be a fun build.

[/

Getting ready to go to the chassis shop. TCI front clip with a moly chassis/cage.

[/

Reactions: GARYB69Z

·
Registered
16,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope so. Its the last one I'll ever build. Ordered the wheels today. Champion Cap 5 12" beadlocked rears w 3.5 fronts.

·
Registered
13,565 Posts
They don't have car washs up in your neck of the woods?:p
Looks like a real solid car. Im about to do something similar to a 63 so I'll definitely follow your build. Good luck.

·
Registered
16,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your about the 10th person that's said that Gary. It was snowing like crazy when I brought the car home. It was in an enclosed and I didn't feel like unloading it, pressure washing it and dragging it back in and tying it back down again. Lazy.

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
A '65 Chevy II, that was the first car I ever built. I can possibly save you a lot of money....you want to sell it like it sets?:)

·
Registered
16,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Got a lot done today. Leaving for the chassis shop on Monday.

And the progress continues.............

On order

·
Registered
13,565 Posts
I thought you were just hoping for some tens, I can see this getting out of hand in a hurry.:p

·
Registered
495 Posts
Looking good! I love the 67 nova more than them all but this year is growing on me. Keep em coming! Turbo lsa?

·
Registered
16,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Off to the chassis shop today

Its home for the next 3-4 weeks

[/

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Can't wait to see more progress!

·
Registered
16,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not a ton of progress to show...........unless my leaking bank account is progress. Got the truck motor home. 20,000 mile LM7. Got the turbo package ordered from Lil John. Picked up my wheels/tires today.........that's about it for now.

·
Registered
16,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Andrew. Shitty camera phone pic. They look way better in person.

·
Registered
16,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Non camera phone

·
Registered
16,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Whats the plan on the lsa motor ?
I did a bunch of research on them, and while they are attractive combo's, there is also a lot of expense after the motor purchase to make it all work. I also found out that GM is having warranty issues with the front snout bearing/coupler in the ctsv's and people are waiting weeks for warranty repairs. I figure I would be shit outa luck if I had a problem with my crate motor. I have purchased a 20k LM7 truck motor, and a turbo package from Lil John, and we're gonna see if we can't put 650 to the ground and make it live. Should be fun.

1 - 20 of 754 Posts