#1 ·
You think that attire is OSHA approved? :p

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

See less See more
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Reactions: VTR
#2 ·
Spraying a little bit of lacquer out of the old pressure pot system. Anyone ever use one of those? I have,......but no,...I'm not that old. I used to paint tractor trailers.

Reactions: VTR
#69 ·
Spraying a little bit of lacquer out of the old pressure pot system. Anyone ever use one of those? I have,......but no,...I'm not that old. I used to paint tractor trailers.

That brings back some old memories. I used to paint the running gear on tanker trailers with one of those. Didn't get paid much but I actually enjoyed that alot.

#12 ·
Pretty cool old pics-i did use a pot once, and the old siphon feed gun for years.
We would paint cars in my buddy's garage, no masks, open flame heater, place looked like
a steam bath, then we killed a case of beer afterwards-he's dead now, surprised I am not
after all that crap, lol
I would imagine back in the 20's, all that lead, and lead paint, they didn't have a long life

#14 ·
Took me forever to retire my Binks#7. I think I have a 2 qt pressure pot still in the box.

#15 ·
And yes to the op. That outfit meets my approval.

#16 ·
I painted at the career center and Painted a few on the side,my older brother and I painted in his garage with the wood stove,and a window fan.

#19 ·
When I started it was all siphon feed guns. Binks #7 and a DeVillbis JGA were my guns on choice. I did the pressure pot deal painting semi trucks too. Those pressure pots move some paint!! I actually had a Sata gravity gun (non hvlp) when very few guys had ever seen one. How about the turbine set ups? I think that's what they were called. Sounded like a big shop vac running. Lol.

#21 ·
I was keeping all the ads from back in the day but,..Haha,...I had to post this just because of the name of the shop.

#59 · (Edited)
There's an episode of Americarna about these fiberglass bodies. Real good episode.

I only started painting about 7 years ago. No one informed me of all of the PPE I needed and I had no idea how harmful even the shit we use today is....so I was just doing what I saw. Priming with no respirator. Jamming/clearing parts and cars with no respirator. Even shooting clear without one. Within 7 months, I had pneumonia so bad it almost killed me. The surgeon that went into my lung to clean out the infection said it was akin to picking out play-doh stuck in carpet. I assume that was all of the shit I inhaled that solidified inside my chest.

I don't work without a respirator anymore.

#28 ·
Started out with a Siphon feed gun used JGA #7 and #9 binks and pressure pot system, and painted a lot of cars with out a mask back in the day with Lacquer and drank alot while doing it, Use to do used car work we would do all of the body work and priming monday thru Thursday friday we would line the cars up that were similar in color and and go down the line spraying them start in the around 9:30 and finish around 8 pm at night and we would start drinking about 4. Also painted Dupont Imron had t owear a mask as it was the heaviest paint you ever sprayed but was like a powder coat finish tough as nails.
I just painted a urethane bumper for a car my daughter bumped into , went down to the paint shop that i have been using for 30 years he was laughing at me when i asked for flex additive for the paint he just busted my stones about how out of the loop I was on urethane paints,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.