Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some pictures of a project I finished for a guy. 510 cube Dart block with twin BorgWarner turbos. The wiring was in desperate need of a makeover. Car got new wiring from bumper to bumper, new fuse panel, relay box, custom swing-down electronics panel under the dash, lighting converted to LED, etc etc...

Car the day I received it.

Shot of the dash the day I received it

Here's the dash now

Day I received it

Now that it's finished

Custom swing-down electronics panel

Tool-free DZUS fastener to hold up panel

Panel in the down position to make servicing easy

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
That looks awesome, complete turn around from before!

Quick question if you have a second. In the last picture, you have a junction block (not sure if that is the correct name for it) under the dash in the center of the firewall. Its just the black strip with flathead screws to enable you to use eyelet connectors for easy removal.

My question is, how reliable are those junction blocks? Do the screws vibrate loose or is there something you do to them to prevent that?

The reason i ask is because i would like to mount one of them under my hood to connect my nitrous solenoids and micro switch to for easy removal. I just fear that the screws might vibrate loose and cause me problems, possibly expencive ones.

Thanks for your time, and again, great job!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I've used the junction blocks in a few cars now and haven't had any issues with them coming loose. The "hooked" terminal connectors I use are tin plated copper, so when the screw tightens down on them the screws sort of "bite" into them. May have something to do with my success with them.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Thanks. I've used the junction blocks in a few cars now and haven't had any issues with them coming loose. The "hooked" terminal connectors I use are tin plated copper, so when the screw tightens down on them the screws sort of "bite" into them. May have something to do with my success with them.
Hey, thanks for the reply! Ill have to do a search for those connectors.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Looks nice..I hear that guys Father-in-law buys him a lot of stuff....wonder if he has another daughter. :rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts