Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
time to go racing yet ?
33,845 Posts
and to think i have a miller syncrowave 200 with water cooler for sale right now .... even including a tungsten grinder and also a shit load of tungsten .... all for 1700 bones

·
time to go racing yet ?
33,845 Posts
umm no , gave to much shit away the past few months this is the reason im selling alot of my stuff ...... if the low life scum bags would pay me then i wouldnt be in the situation im in .... along with that cock sucker that did a credit card dispute via paypal im dealing with right now .

sorry bad day ....

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
and to think i have a miller syncrowave 200 with water cooler for sale right now .... even including a tungsten grinder and also a shit load of tungsten .... all for 1700 bones
although that is not a bad price it would cost about 150 to ship it as well and is probably out of warranty... I got a hell of a deal on the diversion for 1700 shipped as well as 150 mail in rebate from miller :)

·
Nitrous Junky
10,820 Posts

if you were closer!

·
HeadCaseRacing
11,611 Posts
I bought one not ever tig welding before. I've seen it done for 20 years. Bought the bottle,cart,helmet,gloves and some rod for 2200
Itsca great machine for sure.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
although that is not a bad price it would cost about 150 to ship it as well and is probably out of warranty... I got a hell of a deal on the diversion for 1700 shipped as well as 150 mail in rebate from miller :)
The syncrowave will walk circles around the diversion and being out of warranty isn't really an issue with miller products.

Good buy though, I would have suggested going bigger. With a welder you're always better off going bigger out of the gate cause with the diversion you'll end up upgrading later on.

1700 with rebate is a steal.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I've had my 165 for coming up on three years. I bought one of the first ones. I wouldn't trade it for a syncrowave. Mine is portable and runs on a 30 amp breaker. I've done efi intake conversions, lots of sheetmetal parts, cages, headers etc. I've only had a two occasions when I needed a bigger welder. The first was welding heavy 3/8" x 1" fuel rail mounts to a dirty cast intake. The second was welding a sheetmetal intake made from .250 wall tube. Other than that It's been great. The inverter welder makes a difference on aluminum versus a transformer. I've made lots of money with this thing.

Some valve covers I finished last night with my diversion.

·
Registered
16,445 Posts
I have the Diversion 165 and it works great! Then a month later the 180 came out :mad:.
Same welder (look at the specs) just comes with a foot pedal.

·
Registered
16,445 Posts
How far from Detroit are you?

·
TURBOBULLET.COM BITCHES!
6,046 Posts
The syncrowave will walk circles around the diversion and being out of warranty isn't really an issue with miller products.

Good buy though, I would have suggested going bigger. With a welder you're always better off going bigger out of the gate cause with the diversion you'll end up upgrading later on.

1700 with rebate is a steal.
It's a stouter machine no doubt, but I don't knowa bout "walking circles" around the Diversion. The new diversion machines are inverter based machines and IMO are actually easier to use than the older models. I have a little diversion 165, and my buddy has a syncrowave 175. He ran out of argon and came to my place to weld some stuff up right quick.. He said the diversion was a lot easier to lay a pretty bead with.

The Diversion will be a little easier to weld with in AC because it is an inverter powersource that has the AC output optimized to produce a nice tight arc. The Sync's waveform is at 60Hz. That type of arc is lazier and more fluttery thus, as a beginner, making it harder to control or position where you want it.
On DC you won't know much difference.

That being said, they're both good machines, and the syncrowave would be better suited for welding thicker materials and is more of an industrial type unit... It would definitely be more versatile, but for us lugnuts in our garage, the diversion is plenty.

You did good on the diversion purchase. You will love it. For a beginning tigger you don't need all the bells and whistles anyways... I am still using the crap outta my diversion 165, and have no desire to upgrade it. It welds everything I want to weld, although it may be small to start welding bungs in intakes, but that's not something I'll need to do anytime soon.

Every weld I've put on my car has been with a Diversion 165... 8)

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
i bought one (180) and figured out how to use it cause i cant afford any more chassis shops, lol

i also bought it from scott gross since they are leasing a building for me.

nice welder for sure.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts