Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 270 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Everything is off the shelf and Pump gas ready. BTW my Fav BBF heads were used.

Skip the BS it's 2022

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
900 easy without much rpm on the pump 🤭
Factory Junkyard block... Oh that's my favorite and the only way to start.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Darn near 20yr old head technology still works..
Like to see a simple comparison Vs the newer SR71.

It was said 12.1 compression used on the above example.

·
Long Live The King
110,033 Posts
Darn near 20yr old head technology still works..
Like to see a simple comparison Vs the newer SR71.
Would really like to see a 528-555" (range) 11:1 pump gas deal to 7,200 comparison.

Yes, that cly head design 20 yrs plus (probably) and that Comp cam profile he used is probably 30 years old. They have far better profiles to pick from now. Richard picked a long known profile to run.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
☝ There's reasons I made this thread...

And the main Focus was Cylinder Heads and Hp.

Fuck a Ls and I have ls3 and Ls7 heads ..
Mozez? Try asking for a set or being able to contact Mast as the Pothole Port @ 350+ cc don't cut it. How about as cast?

Or let's say a Cleveland...you'll need a aftermarket block to start.

BBC needs a aftermarket block Same as the SBC.

Facts & BS don't go together. But Hp and being relatively cheap can & do go together

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Would really like to see a 528-555" (range) 11:1 pump gas deal to 7,200 comparison.

Yes, that cly head design 20 yrs plus (probably) and that Comp cam profile he used is probably 30 years old. They have far better profiles to pick from now. Richard picked a long known profile to run.
1st thing that cam to my mind was Billy Godbold and his latest stuff.

I was thinking 12.5 - 12.8 comp would be the limit of 93 octane (Depending on cam) use everything done and seen with a Ls on a BBF.
Just another Air Pump with more surface area for pistons

There getting 12.8 comp on 93 pump EFI & Daily Drivers ...Why not a BBF.

Reactions: gxjetmech

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Once you get to thinking about it, it becomes plainly clear and I'm all about cylinder heads.

Something came to mind when I made this thread....A voice asked me a long long time ago. Long long time... you got 2 choices Ls stroker or a Burt Reynolds White Lightening BBF used in the Movie. Choose the Ls because EFI and ls3 heads being $175 bucks. Shoulda went with the Movie theme and I still watch it when it comes on.

·
Long Live The King
110,033 Posts
1st thing that cam to my mind was Billy Godbold and his latest stuff.

I was thinking 12.5 - 12.8 comp would be the limit of 93 octane (Depending on cam) use everything done and seen with a Ls on a BBF.
Just another Air Pump with more surface area for pistons

There getting 12.8 comp on 93 pump EFI & Daily Drivers ...Why not a BBF.
On a 528" (4.42 x 4.30) I'd like to see a set of worked 340cc A-460's against the SR-71. The SR71 with it's relocated intake valve (towards the center of the cly) gets some great flow.

I'd love to get two engines built for the comparison. It would be fun with lots to learn from the project. …
Any sponsors? …lol

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
☝ There's reasons I made this thread...

And the main Focus was Cylinder Heads and Hp.

Fuck a Ls and I have ls3 and Ls7 heads ..
Mozez? Try asking for a set or being able to contact Mast as the Pothole Port @ 350+ cc don't cut it. How about as cast?

Or let's say a Cleveland...you'll need a aftermarket block to start.

BBC needs a aftermarket block Same as the SBC.

Facts & BS don't go together. But Hp and being relatively cheap can & do go together
If you can find an XE cleveland block, they will handle 4 digit power. There’s a few of them out there.

·
Registered
6,072 Posts
Dark, even though the stock block BBf can go 557+, and they do have there advantages, there not killing the world with results.

Personally, I think that original 557 is a bit on the lame side? Look at it this way, this guy built a TSA A460 headed mild compression 557 to 890Hp with a single 4500? Mark Jones DOES a stock block, 496 with GM 781 oval ports, PUMP GAS and single carb to 840Hp now, as per my conversations with Mark? It's a refined version of the 770Hp pump gas 496 he did for John Wilson back in 2012. YES the stock 4.9 BS BBf block can go bigger and seems to handle about 50/70Hp more than a stock BBc block

Now being around some pretty impressive Ford Racers, I have seen the Ford good side. My cars crew chief is sponsored by none other the Jon Kasse himself. He had a couple of John's Engine master winning motors over the years. Also well know that Chatterson, THE Cleveland for guy is also a good friend. Also had the inside scoop with two of, if not THE BEST 550 range motors, both Wayde Mahonney's BES IDT A460 headed 550 1280Hp and Mark Martino's KONIGSHOFER/Kasse E460 "Cunningham" headed 550 1440+Hp.

There is just SO much more aftermarket support for the BBc that it soon passes the BBf in performance at the time also keeping the $$$ in line. Why isn't the BBf just KILLING everything in any series in drag racing? Even when the STOCK bore space rules are involved?

I DID buy a early 460 block just for the reasons listed here. I planning on doing a Boss 9 deal in the future. The BBf "Lima" series does have some advantages, but not enough to make them dominate over the BBc where a BBc in not competitive.

I know this in not the popular opinion, but this is what I have found being involved with both.

·
Registered
16,111 Posts
BBF/BBC/BBM 2.2hp/cfm should all equal the same hp.

1440hp/2.4hp per cfm = 600cfm total port flow.

·
Registered
66 Posts
DarkMatter thank you for starting this post in this section, hopefully it will keep all of the stupid out, unlike the thread in TOBT. I have a couple under the bench in the garage for future projects.

1 - 20 of 270 Posts