Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Wow,that was a bad one.Aren't K rails the angled cement barriers in use?

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Ladder bar broke, when he went thru the chain link fence he hit a truck and bounced back
The guy standing behind the chain link fence is one lucky fella. He almost got caught between the race car and the truck and that would have been very ugly.

Hard to tell from the video, but the Armco looks pretty low to start with and it also looks like it's been beat on a bunch of times. It just turned into a launching ramp when he hit it almost head-on.

·
Registered
22,719 Posts
I guess until someone or multiple people die nobody will do anything about the tracks with gaurd rails.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Man,lucky people. Thought it was good how quickly the other driver got to the scene. And seems like every time a car hits a guard rail it either becomes a launching pad or a buzz saw.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've sent along this video to Scooter Peaco, Director of Race Operations, at IHRA/Feld Entertainment asking him to repeat to me how safe the steel guard rails are. I urge others to do the same until this Jack Wagon realizes spectators are going to die because he feels steel rails are safer than the cement barriers !

[email protected]

·
2013 KING OF THE STREET
1,706 Posts
bad shit right there!!!

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
The guy standing behind the chain link fence is one lucky fella. He almost got caught between the race car and the truck and that would have been very ugly.

Hard to tell from the video, but the Armco looks pretty low to start with and it also looks like it's been beat on a bunch of times. It just turned into a launching ramp when he hit it almost head-on.
That why one reason why we dont park near the fence or concrete barriers close to the track...One year on father day at Beech Bend in KY i seen a pro street outlaw car lose control from the left lane flip onto it roof skid into the right lane into the wall and over close to the score borads and his family RV was park where the car landed...He was kill right on the spot...He die when top of the car roll cage hit the wall and he was decapitate...State police and fire trucks came to the track and measure the skid marks to the impack zone...It was SAD and we left right at the time the car was on a rollback cover up right in front of us going out the gate....:(

·
Registered
70 Posts
Everyone needs to be a little realistic here about gaurdrails vs concrete walls and the cost involved. Absolutley walls will keep the car on the track for the most part, but does everyone realize that if they bitch enough that insurance companys will not insure tracks because they do not have walls that most of these tracks will close there doors or operate without insurance. It has been several years since most tracks have made any real decent money and I would be willing to bet that most of them that still have armco gaurdrail do not have the funds to put up concrete walls and this being required would more than likely shut them down for good. The best tracks in this area all have armco guardrails. Shit happens and a car could end up over a concrete wall just as well.

·
PROUD AMERICAN WORKER!
7,416 Posts
Everyone needs to be a little realistic here about gaurdrails vs concrete walls and the cost involved. Absolutley walls will keep the car on the track for the most part, but does everyone realize that if they bitch enough that insurance companys will not insure tracks because they do not have walls that most of these tracks will close there doors or operate without insurance. It has been several years since most tracks have made any real decent money and I would be willing to bet that most of them that still have armco gaurdrail do not have the funds to put up concrete walls and this being required would more than likely shut them down for good. The best tracks in this area all have armco guardrails. Shit happens and a car could end up over a concrete wall just as well.
hope we dont ever have to remind someones family this - whether they are spectating or racing, especailly yours...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts