Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is my project it FINALLY underway. Had this car for a little over a decade now...... used to be my daily driver when i was young, dumb and full of cum. Decided like most not right in the head people around here that i had to "make if better and faster"

well then life got in the way :-damnit, you know work, marriage, morgage kids.

Nothing real exotic planned for this build just another junkyard 5.3 single Turbo motor. (haven't decided on 76 or 88mm) with a turbo 400.
Looking for mid to low 9's on pump gas, car will see a lot more street time than track.

Currently at the chassis shop getting an 8-pt cage, subframe connectors, and stock sub-frame cross members modded.
Gonna run tubular upper als lower control arms, 2 inch drop spindles, and 4 piston wilwoods up front.

Rear will be 35-spline 9 inch, stock style discs, Caltrac bars, caltrac split mono leafs, and spring sliders.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Nice hangin' onto a car all these years and the gettin' to it. If your gonna street drive it lots wouldn't an od trans be a better choice?

·
WHAT?
1,996 Posts
Anything new?

Lead.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anything new?

Lead.

Yes Been some progress

Rear end arrived and going in very soon with the new caltrac split mono's (1inch drop), caltrac bars, and spring sliders

Cage & subframe Connectors are done and it... (sorry for the crappy pics, will get better ones soon)

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Turbo's here - Settled on an S475 (for Now)
Motor's going in this week,
Picked up some 799 heads,
Lil John Stg 2 cam kit (springs, pushrods etc),
just ordered edelbrock proflow intake & fuel rails.

Gonna run JGS 40mm wastegates, & 60mm blowoff

got a ton more to get ordered but making slow and steady progress......... decided on holley hp harness & ecu, holley 83# injectors, Holley's water/meth kit, going to run A/W intercooler (plan is underdash), and holley dominator 12-1800 fuel pump with a sump in stock tank.

in the next few weeks should be onto fabbing hotside (truck manifolds to stainless 2 1/4")

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice hangin' onto a car all these years and the gettin' to it. If your gonna street drive it lots wouldn't an od trans be a better choice?

im sure it would be a good choice, but i already have a TH400 and with 3.25 rear gears planned im sure it'll be fine, with all the time and money that'll be in this thing i really wont cry over 4-5 mpg better fuel ecomony

·
draggin' ass
13,394 Posts
Looks cool, please tell me your sticking all the factory interior back in this bad boy!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Love the Just another Camaro we gear heads throw blood sweat and tears, a few cases of beer into and someday will drive it like we stole it and race too. Great build! Nice to see life being breathed back into the old girl! She will surely put a smile on your face when she gets the squeeze and that Boost in her ass.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Liking this build, I am working on my 68 too but money and time are short and seem like its getting shorter. What was the motor from?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Front suspension in ( except springs & shocks)
Motor is in and mocked up..... Liljohn stg2 cam, 799 heads, improved racing oil baffle installed, now just need to figure out where turbo is gong to mount, wanted to run the truck manifolds down and forward but they are hitting the steering box.... Time for plan b, any suggestions?

1 - 20 of 128 Posts