Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Being a bracket racer more then a heads up guy I do feel that bracket or index racing may not be the best event to have at YB because this is a heads up event. But if the classes need to stay then how about using the last time trial run as a dial in and the 32 closest to dial on the good side would return for completion. Its the same thing as your heads up classes with quickiest 16 or 32 car fields. By doing this the bracket classes can stay and it would be eliminating the first round which is the biggest round. So if 100 cars were in first round now you would have 32 show first round. Do this in all bracket/index classes and alot of hours would be saved. Not trying to short these classes from running but helping keep the event a little more controllable.

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,416 Posts
Why?

They got all time runs and qualifying runs done.

Rain stopped the event, not bracket classes.

Nothing like stupid ideas from people who don't attend the event.

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
I was there all day saturday. During some of the bracket class's that gave us time to walk around. Whether it was to meet and greet or just check out the cars I can't afford. I say keep them. Just an FYI the one girl selling 50/50 was racing in that bracket racing class. So there you go... She raced in between working her ass off. You go tell her she can't race.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I was going by what I read that it was taking to long to get event finished. The program was to long minus rain delay and eventually cancelling. I shouldnt believe everything I read. And yes I do have a car or two that I bracket race or head up with.

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
We were out of there by midnight saturday night. Last year we were leaving around 1 am with people still racing. I just wish I had more time to talk to people to get ideas and make friends. Pictures are good to, also like to see those little brackets that people make to make there car custom or even just work.

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,416 Posts
Sorry, I was going by what I read that it was taking to long to get event finished. The program was to long minus rain delay and eventually cancelling. I shouldnt believe everything I read. And yes I do have a car or two that I bracket race or head up with.
every time run and qualifying run was given to every racer. Then it rained on raceday.

not sure how you can read more then that. Nobody missed a run other then when the rain came. Bracket cars don't do anything to control the weather.

·
slams revolving doors
3,881 Posts
There was a dark rain cloud following a black Hyundai around on sunday, I saw it!:p

·
THE PHENOMENAL ONE
12,638 Posts
OP you do realize bracket racers are what makes this shit happen right? Give'em a fuckin break. I hear this shit every fucking year and it's getting old.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
he has a point if it didn't rain they still were just into 2nd round and skipped a class ea time, and it was after 3 right? with what used to be a 9pm curfew it will be tough to finish what 11-12 classes, even with one major oil down or crash they'd never get it in. did they add top sportsman this year, is it in the regular scso's? I am a bracket guy and have raced super street for the heck of it, but having 3 brackets and 10.0 is a lot of time with the guys that just want to race YB, I think 2 brackets, street small dot tire and big tire/ slick class would be more efficient. the fans are there to see the winners not the split. don't get me wrong I'd loved to race brackets at YB too, I think its great they keep them in such a big race and cecil did a great job on race day, I was impressed how smooth it went till the rain.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I'm sure the OP knows the event rained out like everyone else on here,even when things go as smoothly as possible they barely get everything completed on time,so this was a thought of a way to buy a little time if things don't go real smooth,cleanups ect.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
their weekend? the bracket schedule there the past 2 years has been little weird, they had some double weekends and normal brackets on sundays but not all sundays, and the brackets they run at scso are not the same as there nhra program. not sure what u mean.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'm getting tired of these threads. We're there racing, we deal with how late the day gets, we pay the entry fee. Back The Fuck Off! We're very fortunate that Monty, Dave O, and Jim H. still include us sportsman guys in the big show and that's why we show up in groves to be there and support it. Its just getting really old hearing about all the keyboard warriors want to change this and that and that. Unless your helping put the event together, there running it, or at least have a car entered supporting it all then sit back, deal with it, and enjoy whatever part or the show you enjoy. People that don't like us go around, mingle, shop, check out the pros, buy food, whatever. The people that don't mind and still sit in the stands get to see alot of different cars and how the guy who barely makes it there money wise go down the track. The system works for all involved so why do we need 100 threads with everyone's ideas on how to make it "better"

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
If it weren't for the bracket classes it would be nothing but a bunch of fox bodied Mustangs with Chevy motors.

:-gay

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,416 Posts
he has a point if it didn't rain they still were just into 2nd round and skipped a class ea time, and it was after 3 right? with what used to be a 9pm curfew it will be tough to finish what 11-12 classes, even with one major oil down or crash they'd never get it in. did they add top sportsman this year, is it in the regular scso's? I am a bracket guy and have raced super street for the heck of it, but having 3 brackets and 10.0 is a lot of time with the guys that just want to race YB, I think 2 brackets, street small dot tire and big tire/ slick class would be more efficient. the fans are there to see the winners not the split. don't get me wrong I'd loved to race brackets at YB too, I think its great they keep them in such a big race and cecil did a great job on race day, I was impressed how smooth it went till the rain.
You do realize that every round there are half as many cars right? So even though it rained at 2, there was 2 rounds of bracket cars run so those fields were 3/4 the size and heads up classes were 1/2 the size.

The classes that got skipped were 16 car fields and they got skipped so that all the classes would get to the finals at the same time.

Towards the end of eliminations the bracket classes always go round robin to give the heads up cars more time to get turned around.

Some of you guys are so short sighted with these events.

Let the people who have built and grown this event do their thing.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts