Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tony Akins, Thank You. I have wasted a lot of money on CONVERTERS, over the years talked to too many people who DON'T RACE WHAT THEY BUILD AND SELL. I called Tony on the advice of a friend, Tony is a straight shooter type of guy. The first thing he said was " Don't B.S. me,what do you have now as for as the car, motor,trans/converter,gear,weight,ect. What is it running (time,rpm,speed). Same thing other converter people asked, just more in detail. "WELL MY CAR PICKED UP " TO SAY THE LEAST. The Car went from [email protected] (3380 lb Nova,489 with nothing special,less than .680 lift cam,29.5x10.5 slick, stock leaf spring)to [email protected] not much. The big change was on the spray, 9.21 at 148.9mph with a 100 hp hit (tuned by Kenny Wheeler and Gary Medders, Thank You guys also). The thing that most stood out, he never BAD MOUTHED the other converter guys. Thank You for doing what you said you would do.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Information really is the key. So many times somebody will tell you they are gonna spray a 400 shot and then call back wondering why the converter is too tight. Then you find out they are shooting about 100hp worth.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
Tony Akins, Thank You. I have wasted a lot of money on CONVERTERS, over the years talked to too many people who DON'T RACE WHAT THEY BUILD AND SELL. I called Tony on the advice of a friend, Tony is a straight shooter type of guy. The first thing he said was " Don't B.S. me,what do you have now as for as the car, motor,trans/converter,gear,weight,ect. What is it running (time,rpm,speed). Same thing other converter people asked, just more in detail. "WELL MY CAR PICKED UP " TO SAY THE LEAST. The Car went from [email protected] (3380 lb Nova,489 with nothing special,less than .680 lift cam,29.5x10.5 slick, stock leaf spring)to [email protected] not much. The big change was on the spray, 9.21 at 148.9mph with a 100 hp hit (tuned by Kenny Wheeler and Gary Medders, Thank You guys also). The thing that most stood out, he never BAD MOUTHED the other converter guys. Thank You for doing what you said you would do.
Heck bro,2tenths and 6mph N/A with a converter change is outstanding! Big props to Tony!:cool:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Another friend with a turbo car, had Tony build him a converter two weeks ago. He picked up more than I did. Like the other guy said, IT IS ALL ABOUT TELLING THE TRUTH TO YOUR CONVERTER GUY. The other converters I ran WORKED, but not like this one did. They were close, Tony stated if I told him straight, it would go to 4500 on the brake. It did. Have a Blessed one. Just a Thanks to him.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Sammy, I truely appreciate the kind words! I look forward to getting over you guy's way soon and seeing your hot rod run! I'm glad that I could help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.