Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about building a junkyard turbo set up for a buddy. What cars/truck Should i be looking for at the junkyard that have a decent size turbo for a stock 302 ?..

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea Ive never built a turbo set up.. So any help would be great... Do you know what size they are?

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Twin HY35 holsets or HX35 holsets from cummins 5.9's in dodge pickups. A pair of These would be worth about 900 crank horsepower easy. It's what we used to replace our stock T3 turbocoupe units with. Made 412 rwhp with an HX35 on my 2.3 back when I had it.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Take a pair of unequal lenght shorties and swap side so they point forward and have cheap turbo headers. Google Toohighpsi site?

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was thinking cummings diesel turbo's with some ebay headers, make sure the flanges were thick and a ebay 32x13x11in front mount and a sct chip?

·
Registered
9,666 Posts

·
Registered
16,941 Posts
im looking to do the same thing. i have 1 gran national turbo. but i understand they're too small to use just 1. so im looking for another and do twins. ebay headers are dirt cheap and my buddy can fab all the piping at work for free

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea thats pretty cheap.. but i do not have the tools to do it for that cheap.. Turbo's $300 headers $200 and pipeing $150 and intercooler for $200.. Thats about the cheapest ive found

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Yea thats pretty cheap.. but i do not have the tools to do it for that cheap.. Turbo's $300 headers $200 and pipeing $150 and intercooler for $200.. Thats about the cheapest ive found
Check out E-Bay, I have seen intercoolers for 125.00 buy now, I seen turbo for good up to 900 hp for 211.00 to 235.00 buy it now, The headers are easy, Some cheap ass shorties cut and weld cheaply, the blow off valve's 14.00 to 35.00 buy it now. Talk to Adam wyatt or call mike moran for what turbo is best or close.There is some wicked ass cheap builds making some good power out there. Youtube it. good shit on there.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Not to hijack the thread,but would this be a decent turbo for a mild 383 chevy?I have a garrett ar 60(that is whats stamped on it)but I was told it would be to small.I'm just looking for 500 to 550hp Thanks for the input.Cummins Diesel Turbocharges HX40W T3 Flange 3" V Band

Price:US $299.99Buy It Now

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
The turbo part is what ever you find, or by, but what about fuel management. DIY Carburetors, and then how to tune them. Thats what I need to know!

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
We have a 3" tubing kit and 31" x 12' x 3' A/A for $225 plus shipping.
By it whenever.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts