Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Wayyyyy more left in it!
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aren't they just the greatest things ever!?

·
Who Farted...?!?!
3,485 Posts
fuckin A

·
Wayyyyy more left in it!
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Putting together a parts list for 800whp. Pistons, rods, crank, and heads are at the top the "things I don't need" list.

·
Who Farted...?!?!
3,485 Posts
indeed man. i build at least 2 a month of these things...swapping em into older cars for cruisers or drag cars for customers.

been a damn good money maker for me when i am in from offshore!!

·
Registered
12,422 Posts
Only need one cam, and a short timing chain!

·
Wayyyyy more left in it!
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
12,422 Posts
I had a bowl of delicious and nutritious junk yard 4.8's and 5.3's for breakfast. Its the breakfast of champions.

Junkyard LS engines, part of a complete breakfast.

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
I've never done a true JY LS, all of mine have been built, but I'm looking at a boat with a V8 Mercruiser 350 in it, i was going to see what is needed to do an LS swap to this 1987 Lower Unit with a 5.3, I would think that mileage and HP would both improve drastically.

·
Wayyyyy more left in it!
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When my daughter loses a tooth, I'm gonna put a 5.3 rod/piston under her pillow.

·
Which is more disturbed?
10,577 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I'm making a living based off my ls engine knowledge aand skill with these wonder boxes.
I have 2 fox bodies. A old skool Buick. 2 trucks. All getting ls engines in my I shop right now. And turbobuilds on both trucks and one of the fox bodies
All just from word of mouth from other previous customers.
Ive been buying and selling engines since 04-05. Before it was cool.
Now thats y Ican enjoy price breaks on the jy motors. Developed a bidnezz relationship w 2 jy. Heck i get texts about once a week of new inventory. About a month a ago i got a 2012 l92 6.2 w a maggie out of a wrecked truck for pennies on the dollar. I got my $ back 5fold on that deal.
Not bragging. Just saying. Don't understand all the hate and butthurt from some folks.
A 4.8 i put together for a guy made 680rw. Just a stock bottom end 4.8 w ls1 heads. Tnetics turbo.etc.etc. its one of 4 4.8s. Ive done here so far. All over 600rw. W basic gm parts and intakes.and affordable prices
If thats not cool. Idk what is:cool:

·
Registered
12,422 Posts
Id like a nice low mile 6.2. Then it would get a nasty cam, a Holley high ram intake, 2 carbs and a IS fogger.....

·
Wayyyyy more left in it!
7,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Id like a nice low mile 6.2. Then it would get a nasty cam, a Holley high ram intake, 2 carbs and a IS fogger.....
I'm getting an LY6 some day, and putting it on enough boost to make a supra blush.

·
Former RJ instigator
42,693 Posts
What would the total cost be for a complete LS turbo set up in say a fox body or G body car? - I'm talking something street-able and turn key but still run a # at the track, I supply the car and the JY LS.

·
A1 Phuckstick
1,503 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I am one of those crazy Mopar guys and I think they're the nuts also. Try buying and modding a junkyard Gen III hemi and you realize what a great engine the LS is

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I like all kinds of brands but these motors are the best bang for the buck. I think its funny when the SBF guy's call the LS motor junk.:p
My lx coupe has an LS motor with a turbo because I want to go fast without spending a ton of money. I have built a ton of cars and spent the money over the years and Im done with that. Now I will go fast on the cheap.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
I have a 347 iron block boost motor waiting to go into a sleeper. 04 Z06 camshaft, so it won't should radical.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts