Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Old thread but I’m going to try using some of the same parts John was looking at in his plans listed above.

I want to buy new Rods and get away from the factory rods. if staying with a 4.00” stroke, any reason to go with a .250” longer rod? If I do that, I would have to buy a new set of pistons too.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I would like to know how it worked out also. I have a .030 over 427 BBC set up for boost that I'm doing later, I was going with 2 GT45's but decided to run 1 turbo, VSR 75 MM cast compressor T6, Viren recommended it and later I can up date to his GT55 billet wheel turbos. I'm putting it in a 33 plymouth sedan so even though there is no hood it's going to be a tight fit.It'll be blow thru also.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sounds like a nice hot rod mike. Keep us posted. I cheaped out on the turbos and currently have the eBay turbos. We’ll see how it goes. I’ll upgrade Turbos later, but likely the whole engine will be different.

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
Sounds like a nice hot rod mike. Keep us posted. I cheaped out on the turbos and currently have the eBay turbos. We’ll see how it goes. I’ll upgrade Turbos later, but likely the whole engine will be different.
How much power are you wanting to make? The original post mentioned 800. Two of those ebay gt45's will make some power. I'm putting 1100 to the ground and have not maxed them out on my small block.

·
Registered
247 Posts
1,100 to the ground would be great. At 3,500 lbs Wallace racing calculator tells me that would be an 8.50. I figure the limit of the short block will be somewhere around there (GM crate 502). Looks like John isn’t on the board anymore but wondering if he put that engine together. I have the 044 crank, 088 heads.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts