Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need to slow the rear extension down a tick or no. Track was horrible at start of this weekend. Lots of big tire cars where not getting off the line. I was managing to get 1.31 60fts out of my small tire bracket car. Great track it is normally around 1.29-1.30 short times. I made a bar adjustment after it blew the tires off first qual. Lowered rear of lower bar 1" to give it more bite. Looks like rear extension goes all way out pretty fast. Shocks are all the way loose on extension in rear and front right now. Looks like maybe on good track I could tighten front way up.

·
Registered
121 Posts
you up the rpm after that? I thought it looked pretty smooth

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you up the rpm after that? I thought it looked pretty smooth
Yeah. Conv flashes at 6300. 2step is set at 3400 right now. May try and turn it up a tad first part of next year and tighten extension in rear to follow it. Car has been 6.05. Would love to squeeze a 5 sec run out of it. Just a 6.0 ls motor. Just learning as we go. Car seems to be happy here and went down a track that a lot of big tire ladder bar, 4 link cars etx would not go down.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whats the idea behind that low 2step?
It was a temp fix for helping get down a very little track prep. When I was first learning radial suspension tuning. Still learning. Just have never changed it now that ive put a lot more AS in it etx. Turn it up then have to adjust rear shock extension also as it will want to hit tire harder. Just one of those things its not broke, lights are consistent and good so why fuck with it. Its a bracket car so not really concerned about fastest et it will do. More of just wanting a car that goes down the track consistent. Easier on parts etx.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts