Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Uses A Point and Shoot
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Click here for the full thread

It was an inevitable race when the 2011 Mustang was first released. A time game ensued that pushed shops and aftermarket manufactures alike into monumental, record breaking competitions. The first and most obvious battle is the quarter mile test. While Evolution Performance was the first to claim the 11s, JPC racing made history with the first 10 second pass last night. I called up JPC Racing and talked to Factory Stock champion and JPC employee Tommy Godfrey about the pass.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
If you are talking factory stock racing that was held at Milan years ago? If it is the 69 ZL-1 Camaro's ran low 11's, high 10's with G-70-14 polyglass tires and not one addon....

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
the 69 ZL-1 Camaro's ran low 11's, high 10's with G-70-14 polyglass tires and not one addon....
Thats really impressive for a light car with an ALL ALUMINUM BBC. Come on, we are talking about a 3800lb car with a 5.0!

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
How much do you think a 69 ZL-1 Camaro weighs? Forty year old technology and a way inferior tire. How can you compare a G-70-14 street tire to a slick? How fast would the 69 be with a hose on it.....lol

·
The Medcine Man
8,149 Posts
Thats really impressive for a light car with an ALL ALUMINUM BBC. Come on, we are talking about a 3800lb car with a 5.0!
Yeah agreed that's what kills me about these brand loyal basterds they see one way and one way only. Fast is fast. And don't get me wrong big fan of the ZL-1 in it's own right but comapring that to 5.0 I don't think so.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
They have always been one of the main shops out front in working on the newer and now the newest mustang. Congrats!!!!!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
How much do you think a 69 ZL-1 Camaro weighs? Forty year old technology and a way inferior tire. How can you compare a G-70-14 street tire to a slick? How fast would the 69 be with a hose on it.....lol

3300lbs. And there was only 69 EVER made. And Super Stock mag got a [email protected] so that would be low 11s WITH slicks! So I guess even the almighty ZL1 looses to the 5.0.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
You are wrong S/S magazine did it long before the all factory stock races at Milan. So lets take all the aftermarket shit off the stang and see what it will run. To really compare brands they have to be at the same track,same day,same driver.Never did I say the Stang wasnt impressive. You young guys cum all over yourselves to fast and too easily. A 69 ZL-1 is at 3425 lbs. What difference does it make how many were built? lol If it were 69 or 10k they would be the same car. Lets put a 100 shot hose,slicks and aftermarket suspension shit on the Camaro. That wouldnt be cool. The camaro would be enough faster to cover the difference in the weight anyway!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
And I'm not sure what it would run with a 100shot on it. But should you really have to spray a ZL1 to outrun a stock 5.0 with a 100shot on it?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Yeah that was just me being a smartass. I tried to edit the first post and didn't get it in time so I just posted it in a different post and you had posted already. Look I'm not bashing the ZL1 at all because it is one of my favorite cars EVER, but this is a very heavy car with a 5.0 liter in it that is completely stock right down to the air filter. It DID have exhaust and gears. And the reason I say you can't compare the mass produced 5.0 with the 69 ZL1s is because the ZL1 was a purpose built race car from the factory. They wouldn't have made 15 if they didn't have to. I may be wrong about the #s but they did build it for NHRA super stock.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
ZL-1 wasnt a purpose built race car. Fuck they had full interior. The only difference in it and the 427/425HP was the aluminum block. Oh yea the one with the cast iron block had a radio and heater.....lol Its obvious you havent been around this very long. I looked at a 69 ZL-1 to buy new. Parents thought they were too high priced. Got a new silver 69 Z/28 instead....lol Factory race car cracks me up. I bet you cant even tell me what S/S class they ended up being in. Let me give you a hint the iron block one ran S/SD. We ran one! The ZL-1? It had all factory glass,carpet,instrumentation,headliner,backseat,door panels and sound deadening material under the carpet. They sure missed the race car thing by a mile. The ZL-1 was under a factory warranty as well.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Have to leave the house. Here is some good info you need to remember. The 69 ZL-1 ran in S/SC. There were alot of them being run. Bill Jenkins had the fastest one. He got run out of the class by a fukin Rambler. A 69 AMX 390 with the x-ram and factory roller cam with factory ported and polished heads supplied by Crane. The car was from Jersey and it was called Petes Patriot. It was a bad mo fo. I wonder why the factory ZL-1 race car just had a flat tappet cam? One would think a roller would be the norm in S/S? Those cars had full exhaust and were street legal....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts