Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Uses A Point and Shoot
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Click here for the full thread

It was an inevitable race when the 2011 Mustang was first released. A time game ensued that pushed shops and aftermarket manufactures alike into monumental, record breaking competitions. The first and most obvious battle is the quarter mile test. While Evolution Performance was the first to claim the 11s, JPC racing made history with the first 10 second pass last night. I called up JPC Racing and talked to Factory Stock champion and JPC employee Tommy Godfrey about the pass.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
You know factory stock is done for.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Not knocking the performance at all, but only to Mustang guys is that nearly stock. lol.

Maybe a couple of bolt on's.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Pretty damn impressive.........

A 100 shot is very streetable. This car would be an ass-kicker on the street. Looking forward to see how crazy some of these shops will push the factory motors.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I'll bet the 9s comes pretty quick, with a stock longblock. Im sure it's just a turbo or supercharger away.

·
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
4,370 Posts
evolutions went 10.88 according to their facebook either today or yesterday???

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Not knocking the performance at all, but only to Mustang guys is that nearly stock. lol.
No shit man, thats definitly impressive, but stock... NOPE.

Nothing says stock like 4.56 gears, slicks, skinnies, and nitrous;)

Lots of potential with these cars, my only question is why no 150 or 175 shot?

·
Uses A Point and Shoot
2,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
evolutions went 10.88 according to their facebook either today or yesterday???
This morning. JPC knew that and wanted to be the 1st, so hence as nights trash at MIR

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
Not a thing touched on the longblock, stock manifolds, stock cats, just cat back exhaust, nitrous, gears, and some control arms. Throw some slicks and skinnies on it and go to the track and run 10's. That's pretty damn stock to me. We are getting spoiled when you can see that and not be impressed by the very few mods that were done. Name how many cars could to that in 69 or 70 at the height of the muscle car era? Ok, how bout during the late 80's and early 90's when the modern era of muscle really started to take effect?

·
Registered
897 Posts
True I threw a 200 shot in my 89 coupe 302

But these motor have crap rods and pistons so wont last long.

And your 89 5.0 didnt lol. Come on man. There is no reason they wont handle a 150 shot or slighty more, I sprayed the shit out my stock 5.0 in my 94 and never hurt anything but some head gaskets and that was with a buck fiddy shot.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts