Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an avid Journey fan and nobody can sing it like Steve Perry. But.............has anyone heard their new lead singer Arnel Pineda? IMHO he is the best replacement so far by a mile. They discovered him on youtube in the Phillipines. Check him out on youtube,you just may be impressed.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
sept 5 at blossom for cleveland fans. anyone going?

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
You guys must be smokin' what you're sellin'! Ain't no way in hell that ********* SOB sounds anything like Steve Perry. You all ever watch Japanese kareoke? That's all that is. Same shiat will happen to him that happened to Steve Augeri. He will wear his cords down trying to sound like Steve Perry.

What Journey needs to do is stop trying to find Perry look alike and sound alikes and go a new way. Their best bet was with Jeff Scott Soto. He has his own voice and can sing just about anything you throw at him. He was with them for a little while, then decided the remaining Journey band were a bunch of ****'s and he quit...LOL! :smt082

By the way, if you have heard Yngwie Malmsteen, then you have heard Jeff Scott. Or, if you watch Rockstar, the movie, Jeff Scott was the voice behind Mark Walhberg. Except for "Blood Pollution" sung by Miljenko Matijevic, lead singer of Steel Heart.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. :cool:

·
...failure to communicate
4,872 Posts
If you close your eyes when you hear him sing, it is very very good. Compltely not was you would epect.

I saw them open for Def Leppard a year or so ago and it was a GREAT show. Jeff Scott Soto sang for that one and did a great job. There are only a select few that can hit the high notes enough to do some of those songs justice.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.