Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a set that are brand new and all assembled, cncd ported, flow [email protected] lift all the way to 1000 lift. Any idea waht these heads are worth, also where can you get pistons for them, there a inline head with canted valves. i believe there a p38. thanks, jsut never heard of em or have any info. also got the flow sheet.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
idk what there worth, im asking what they go for ive never heard of em, the recipte for the port work and all new valves and springs, machining was 4100. i dont see anyone using or selling them.

·
Long Live The King
103,015 Posts
Ive got a set that are brand new and all assembled, cncd ported, flow [email protected] lift all the way to 1000 lift. Any idea waht these heads are worth, also where can you get pistons for them, there a inline head with canted valves. i believe there a p38. thanks, jsut never heard of em or have any info. also got the flow sheet.

Exactly how did you end up with them???????

the heads if for a 460 Ford are p-51's....... how did someone who never heard of the head end-up with the best "factory replacement" head on the market?

What do you plan on doing with them?

G :confused:

·
Long Live The King
103,015 Posts
idk what there worth, im asking what they go for ive never heard of em, the recipte for the port work and all new valves and springs, machining was 4100. i dont see anyone using or selling them.

try any of the hi-perfomance Ford web sites.

G-

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Exactly how did you end up with them???????

the heads if for a 460 Ford are p-51's....... how did someone who never heard of the head end-up with the best "factory replacement" head on the market?

What do you plan on doing with them?

G :confused:
They are Windsor heads. Never heard anybody say they are the best though.

·
Long Live The King
103,015 Posts
You missed the part about the 460......

Kaase made a set of smblk Ford heads with a canted valve in conjuction with Jegs some years back, I know they were out in 2004. If his head is that head I have some info on them in a file somewhere. I don't recall that head being called the P-38 but then again they were never a popular head very little info was out about them.

G-

·
Long Live The King
103,015 Posts

http://www.jegs.com/photos/jegskaase.html

Our new Ford small block cylinder heads have canted valves for three reasons. The pushrod meets the rocker at 90 degrees resulting in no side load to the guide plate or the valve guide. Any 1.6 or 1.7 ratio, 7/16” stud, roller rocker will work (even cheap ones). Not that we recommend using a low quality rocker on any engine, we just want to illustrate that this cylinder head does not use any special or trick rocker arm set. Since the valves are canted, they gain bore clearance as they open. This has an obvious positive effect on airflow. This is not a new concept as 429/460 Fords and big block Chevrolets have always used canted valve systems.

G-

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
You missed the part about the 460......

Kaase made a set of smblk Ford heads with a canted valve in conjuction with Jegs some years back, I know they were out in 2004. If his head is that head I have some info on them in a file somewhere. I don't recall that head being called the P-38 but then again they were never a popular head very little info was out about them.

G-
No not at all.

I'll take the Blue Thunder CJ apples to apples.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Kaase's home page says "Kaase P-38 small block Ford Windsor heads - coming soon" on the right side of the screen about 3/4 of the way down the page... who knows when the site was updated last though.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the guys offering them to me on a trade, ive never heard of them, only price i see is the ones that kaase sells them for they say 3700-4700 fully assembled, just wondering i wasent planning on keeping them and was wondering what they got for in this market.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats what they are a inline head with canted valves, 58cc were 247cc before machining work, 2.08 1.60 valves

·
Long Live The King
103,015 Posts
the guys offering them to me on a trade, ive never heard of them, only price i see is the ones that kaase sells them for they say 3700-4700 fully assembled, just wondering i wasent planning on keeping them and was wondering what they got for in this market.

It's an odd-ball head......not to many on the market. You'll have to find the right person to buy them since little is known about them.

When I was asking about them a few years back it was my understanding they were a really good head for a boosted engine more so than a N/A deal.

G

·
Long Live The King
103,015 Posts

·
Registered
12,568 Posts
A friend of mine has some of those heads. They don't flow what Kaase claims untouched. He had Panhandle Performance port his set and they got 360 cfm around 700 lift when done. This wasn't a full race port either. He had problems with rockers trunions hitting each other needing small body rockers that still needed ground and hard to clear triple springs. The pushrod geometry is not ideal they actually need different lengths to be perfect. They require special girdle and valve covers. The pistons are custom do to intake valve location. Ross makes the pistons...The P38s are not out yet. good luck

1 - 20 of 20 Posts