Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I see it all the time. Spend mega bucks on engine, trans, chassis but a $2,000-$3,000 investment in a clutch will not ever happen. Then they will spend thousands more on making more power trying for that elusive 9 or whatever the goal is.
Formula is 1320/MPH and if the clutch and suspension is up to snuff, that’s what you should run without even opening the hood. If it’s just a fun street car and he’s having fun with it, then it’s all good as it sits.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I see it all the time. Spend mega bucks on engine, trans, chassis but a $2,000-$3,000 investment in a clutch will not ever happen. Then they will spend thousands more on making more power trying for that elusive 9 or whatever the goal is.
Formula is 1320/MPH and if the clutch and suspension is up to snuff, that’s what you should run without even opening the hood. If it’s just a fun street car and he’s having fun with it, then it’s all good as it sits.
You are preaching to the choir brother! I've tried for a couple years to get him into the right clutch to no avail. I've had him come over to show him that with someone to turn the crank while I can stay underneath you can change the base from soft to stiff or vice versa for street or strip use in 10 minutes and 5 of that is jacking the car up and putting it on stands. I don't get it... I know you still have to be careful with them on the street but come on...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Should have some Intel by the end of the weekend,believe me I'm interested as well because the Jerico shit the bed last weekend(just needed it to last another 6 weeks) and its an option, though I believe I'm going 5 speed as soon as I can come up with the cash!!

·
Registered
6,060 Posts
I LOVE how these look like a Toploader! The G101A has more of a following and comes from a larger manufacturer... so it's likely more scienced out, and is more likely to have replacement parts in the future, BUT... Dang...

If Geforce offered these instead of the G101A, I'd likely already own one! :)
The G101A looks like a damn T10... which is a lot uglier, and was considered a major downgrade from the Trusty Toploader! Makes it hard to pull the trigger on one! lol

21 - 27 of 27 Posts