Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been contacted by 2 buyers in the last day saying they want to buy the S-10 back half truck I have for sale. Both want to finance it thru JJ Best. Company. Same explanation of why they are using JJ Best. I smell something rotten or I am just paranoid. I am in the Midwest. One is in California, one is in New Jersey. JJ Best to cut a check to the seller. Shipper to pick up. I have heard of similar scams, but never using JJ Beat.as the financier. Anyone have this happen using JJ Best? (not JJ Da Boss)

·
Registered
807 Posts
Same explanation of why they are financing a drag/pro street truck is a red flag in my mind. I’ve never heard of anyone financing a racing vehicle. Either you have the money for something or don’t… just my opinion.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sounds pretty sketchy, have you researched Jj Best? Are they legit? Sounds like a deal where the buyer cancels their payment after getting the vehicle.

·
Registered
827 Posts
That is a bullshit scam. When you send them any info on yourself your fucked. If it sounds to good to be true it usually is.

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
Tell them to get the finance company to deposit the funds directly into your account. When the funds arrive, withdraw the funds, then tell them its ready for collection.....simple. Why the hell in 2021 anyone would use, or need to use, or accept a check is a mystery to me.....

·
Registered
43,542 Posts
JJ Best does specialty car financing, but I doubt a race car would fit in that category. Typically those are collector cars, exotics and antiques, not race cars.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Tell them to get the finance company to deposit the funds directly into your account. When the funds arrive, withdraw the funds, then tell them its ready for collection.....simple. Why the hell in 2021 anyone would use, or need to use, or accept a check is a mystery to me.....
^^^

·
Registered
67 camaro.
4 Posts
If they are (legit) financing thru them, there will be a person contact you for an inspection of the vehicle.

from the website:

Some cars require an appraisal such as hot rods, kit cars, or modified cars. Most cars that we finance require only a physical verification of the vehicle to verify the engine starts, that the VIN number matches the title and the car is in good, working condition.
We order the collateral verification when you tell us that you are buying the car and you are moving ahead with the loan. We have 1500 independent inspectors throughout the United States and the verification is usually done within 48 hours. The loan will NOT fund until this verification is completed. Please have the seller’s information available including phone number and notify the seller that one of our agents will be contacting them to complete the verification. This verification does not guarantee the merchantability of the vehicle and is not an appraisal.

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for that info. The buyer has now said he will send a friend and trailer with cash in the next two weeks. A new potential buyer has contacted me and said he will be here Tuesday with cash. and is willing to pay more than the first buyer. Never had that happen before, all in the same day..

·
Registered
144 Posts
I would suggest swapping title and funds at your local bank so that the funds could be verified as legitimate and not counterfeit. Also, the title and bill of sale can be notarized at the same time. This must also occur during business hours so that you can access the bank’s personnel and not after hours. Can never be to careful nowadays!!!

·
Registered
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Our local banks don't verify paper money that I know of. Walmart $3 counterfeit pens do show funny money turning black. when you mark them. I take a picture of the buyers drivers license. Did not know that a title and bill of sale needed notarized,. never tried that before buying or selling

1 - 13 of 13 Posts