Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5,695 Posts
So it takes "stones" to introduce myself to you?? Get over yourself, your not all that. I've spoken to about every person here on some level, whether they know it or not. I've even spoken with you and Randy twice (you were busy being a Rock Star while Randy was busting his ass).

Make sure you roll out the red carpet when I announce my arrival to the next NSCA race, I'll expect an ice cold beer and a cheeseburger with no spit in it.

See you at the track
Tom Cowle

· Registered
5,695 Posts
Ray wrote the following:

"Well I disagree. He's a cancer that trying to undermine everything the NSCA does. Why should he question classes. He doesn't even race in them. I'm sure he doesn't promote the NSCA. If he is trying to help, show me how??? What has he done to make anything that's wrong better???"

And quite a few other discouraging posts about me... but anyways.

Ray, first I'll get to your Flyer that you made. When you posted this Flyer you asked "What does everybody think?...". I gave you a few sugestions and you thanked me politely, I wasn't adverserial or lashing out at your effort....do you REMEMBER that??? I guess not.

Tom Cowle

· Registered
5,695 Posts
Ray, You questioned if I have a car or what class it fits. Yes I have a car, in fact two that are NSCA legal, one is a drag radial car (1966 Rambler American Station wagon) - I built and dyno'ed three different engine combination in three years for it, the rules changed four years in a row so I moth balled it. My "newer" car is a 1984 mustang gt convertable . I guess it fits into Limited Street but I built it the way I wanted it and not to conform to the rules (it does fit). Both of these cars are sitting in my garages and I frankly don't have the time or the desire to get them out, for I recently got married, had a new baby boy, in the middle of remodeling my house, working on some really sweet car projects for others, and at my real job I'm finishing up a new High School that has to be opened shortly..........oh and do I need to add My 120 acre farm takes up a little bit of time.

Tom Cowle

· Registered
5,695 Posts
Ray, then you made a comment about "I'm sure he doesn't promote the NSCA. If he is trying to help, show me how???" A few yearsback I offered the NSCA a few sponsors to do some smaller things for the racers and offered money out of my own pocket. Did I hear back from the NSCA...............NO, no response, nothing. So much for my trying I guess.

Oh I forgot three years ago I paid for 4 children from the Local Big Brother/Big Sisiter to come to the race with thier adult advisor to go to a race weekend. Doesn't count does it???

Tom Cowle

· Registered
5,695 Posts
Camp, your right I'm a nobody in this little pond called the NSCA and guess what I never wanted to be a big fish. I just wanted to race my little car and have a good time doing it, but the rules kept-a-changin' and I grew tired of messing with it. I'm only 35, so yeah your right, you probaly were backing a car into the burnoutbox when I was watching. Your gonna find this hard to believe that i've always wanted to meet you and speak (we have but I never expressed why).

I once read about a racer (named Camp Stanley) in SuperStock Drag Illustrated and he had some pretty wild cars (Taurus wagon, right?) and what a racer's racer he was. I even made a long road trip in my 1970 roadrunner (440/4spd/4.10 gears - thats why it was so long) out to see him and his bunch run, I wasn't disappoint and I talked with you that night, nice guy too, I thought you were a good guy and you had a great passion for racing (article was right).

Camp next race I see you at, I'll make sure to personally introduce myself and you can tell me off in anyway you see fit. I'm man enough to stand-up and take whatever you have to say. I've been involved with many different motorsports divisions over the years so please don't discount me as some hayseed who doesnt know shit.

See you at the races
tom cowle

· Registered
5,695 Posts
Ray,

With all due respect, it was a joke, if you couldn't tell by the reference to Cedar Point (amusement capitol of the world) and the fact that PRO-CAR just announce the success of the driver of the cars they built. Of course people have heard about them they just won a pretty big race by my standards.

What doesn't concern me? You have me lost...

Tom Cowle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.