Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use them on transmission. Please elaborate with your experiences? Thanks in advance, Mickey

·
Registered
7,078 Posts
Stock case on the glide in the 68 broke, had all new JW everything and got tranny rebuilt and decided to install the jiffy tight fittings to aid in removal in the future since it's just a coupler like on air tools/skid steer hyd coupler.

I have no idea HOW in the fuck it happened, 3rd race on the car I was bumping into the staging light and starter jumped over and started giving me the kill it signal. Came over and said I was puking tranny fluid everywhere....thought WTH, everything is brand new, now what happened.

Got it back to the pits, up on the trailer and crawled under the car one of the couplers came uncoupled??!! Put it back together and used electrical tape wrapped all around/up and down to make sure there was NO WAY the sleeve could come uncoupled again.

I have no idea the hows, why's, or what happened for that to come undone, I just know it did (car sits too low and couplers are too high to be a sabotage from anybody). No problems since...technically they should never come apart, but do yourself a favor and wrap tape around them once you have them coupled just to be sure...to this day i'm still baffeled.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I run them also. They are nice to unplug but mine still weap a bit when unplugged. minor complaint, but they are nice to have

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I had a jiffytite rep come in my shop to show off and look over the quick disconnect lines/other products... Personally I thought the id was awful small/restrictive.
The rep said they had no interest in manufacturing larger ones, which makes them useless on trucks/vehicles with larger dia lines.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts