Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the 60mm gate has 2 holes drilled in the dome? 1 for a sensor and another for a pressure source?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Does anyone know if the 60mm gate has 2 holes drilled in the dome? 1 for a sensor and another for a pressure source?
Mine only had one, but it was easy to take the top off with the snap ring just like changing out the spring. When it was off i drilled and tapped a hole with an 1/8" pipe tap. Then i installed a fitting and plumbed my dome pressure sensor remotely

·
Registered
15,898 Posts
My JGS 40 WG was the same, and I did the same as well.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fellas. Would you guys all recommend JGS gates? I know both Turbosmart and Tial have good reputations as well. I do like the idea of the O-rings vs diaphragm.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have never used one but I would think you would need to make sure the o-rings stay well lubricated for the design to work over time. I was going to buy one once but the spring selection is terrible and I think having to take out the snap ring to change springs would be a pain in the ass. I really like the precision gates.

·
Registered
22,856 Posts
Ive had a 50mm gate for over 8 years , and still has the original o-ring .

Only issue Ive ever had was some carbon build up on the valve stem causing it to stick .

no big deal , just clean and use heat proof grease .

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ive had a 50mm gate for over 8 years , and still has the original o-ring .

Only issue Ive ever had was some carbon build up on the valve stem causing it to stick .

no big deal , just clean and use heat proof grease .
We have somewhat similar combinations, I'm curious if you've ever seen how low you can regulate boost with the 50mm.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Interesting, it makes me wonder if I need a 60mm. I'm assuming a quality gate would flow better.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Interesting, it makes me wonder if I need a 60mm. I'm assuming a quality gate would flow better.
Having too much gate is better than finding out you don't have enough. I've ran the jgs stuff on several of my cars. They are a quality and reliable piece

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Just had one laying around and it fit, huh? That gate must flow well.
I ordered it.. I was gonna start playing around on the street and wanted to be able to get psi down in the 2-3 psi range without having to get my laptop out and lower my launch rpm.. At the time I had BS3 and a leash controller.. So it was easy to change my launch boost and ramp in a few seconds..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts