Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to find a place where I can get what I assume to be the JFZ spindles & also JFZ caliper build kits, pads & rotors.
The owner is unsure of which spindles are on the car but he said that they ordered the brake setup & spindles as a set, so I assume they are JFZ.

Of course, if I can find a direct replacement for these that may be a go, but he wants what is on there to be rebuilt(new spindles). So I gotta try & find this out first.
Here is the brake setup & spindle. Notice the crack all the way down the tube at the weld(if you look you can see the tube is offset), then across.

This alone I told him to get a new brand, because there is NO runs on this & they split, imagine it splitting at 200MPH..ouch.

Yes, they split right at the weld & there is a split that runs horizontal along the bottom for a little over 1"

He also wants to convert to spindle mount wheels.

·
Registered
14,969 Posts
Replace the whole mess, you don't want to be the last guy to work on them if something happens ok? Sometimes customers try to dictate to you what needs to be done and we all try to satisfy the customer, but you have to draw a line here. This is one of those things you don't compromise on, he agrees to do it proper or you'll have to walk away.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
I agree with ojh.

·
coffee extraordinaire
11,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The spindles HAVE to be replaced regardless.
But like BigDave has said they are out of business.
He does not mind if things get replaced, he expects it, but he wants to see if rebuilding is an option first.

I am going to price him a complete wilwood setup.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts