Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much main jet stagger you guys see in bbc to get fuel dist right on tunnel ram with dual doms?

·
aka hulk
4,965 Posts
On my setup, my front carb varies two jet sizes from rear carb, but in all honesty I have not fully dialed it in at the track yet(tranny issues).

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
The only way to tell where the fuel is going is on the track with 8 o2 sensors.We have 8 o2 setup on our dyno to get an idea where the fuel is ,and what intake traffic is doing.The air scoop,air pan, and centrifugal force change things .Bill C.

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only way to tell where the fuel is going is on the track with 8 o2 sensors.We have 8 o2 setup on our dyno to get an idea where the fuel is ,and what intake traffic is doing.The air scoop,air pan, and centrifugal force change things .Bill C.
Had couple engines on dyno.worked jetting around there went to track and way different with scoop.brought engine back to dyno wouldn't hardly make a pull.it was way down on power.everyday I wonder more why I waste time on the dyno with bigger engines and multiple carbs.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hey Vinny on our engines we see usually between 5-6 jets size front to back and also 1-2 jets staggers left to right. But its done at the track.

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
You can't compare dyno and track jetting, both will be different, and more so the faster the car accelerates. Distribution changes on track because of g-forces sending fuel to the back of the engine. The better vaporized the fuel, the less it is affected, so different fuels can impact it, atomization properties of the carb will impact it. No easy way but to dyno test it square, plan for changes based on plugs at the track. 8-O2's are a big help...

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Vinny on our engines we see usually between 5-6 jets size front to back and also 1-2 jets staggers left to right. But its done at the track.
I was seeing 4-5 and a little different side to side.guys tell me they go right from dyno to track and things are great.that was my whole point here that people are leaving a bunch on the table if not making major changes at track.

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You can't compare dyno and track jetting, both will be different, and more so the faster the car accelerates. Distribution changes on track because of g-forces sending fuel to the back of the engine. The better vaporized the fuel, the less it is affected, so different fuels can impact it, atomization properties of the carb will impact it. No easy way but to dyno test it square, plan for changes based on plugs at the track. 8-O2's are a big help...
Good post

·
aka hulk
4,965 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts